Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Tein Coilover Installed on 2010 Photos

Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys, where the heck is "Cars n Coffee" and what are all the details? I think its down in Rancho Santa Margarita or some place way out there.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:40 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flyingpants
DUDE, OP!! lol you are killing me man, how does the *car ride/handle with the new coilovers??
I don't know? Tein is using my car for development of the 2010 so they installed the prototype and removed it while it is being fitted for mass production. I should have the final product in 2 months. The photos were taken when the system was on for only one week during testing.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Hey guys, where the heck is "Cars n Coffee" and what are all the details? I think its down in Rancho Santa Margarita or some place way out there.
Here is a link to the weekly event. LINK Go to the old Ford building off of the 5 freeway next to The Spectrum. Go to the parking lot at about 7am on Saturday moring and you will see hundreds of cars and even more people. You should check it out but it looks like it is going to rain on Saturday so I am not sure what I am going to do!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by macmovieman
Here is a link to the weekly event. LINK Go to the old Ford building off of the 5 freeway next to The Spectrum. Go to the parking lot at about 7am on Saturday moring and you will see hundreds of cars and even more people. You should check it out but it looks like it is going to rain on Saturday so I am not sure what I am going to do!
When Cars N Coffee originally started (rather continued form Crystal Cove that was shut down) there were no hundreds of people because not too many people ever knew it was there and some pretty cool stuff would show up...Since it appeared in the paper a few years back it has gone down hill...But still something fun to do.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:42 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

You are correct, sure enough my tires show All Season. These Toyo Proxes R888 tires will be my next set. LINK

i like the ra1's over the r888's. i feel like after a good session by the end of it the r888's are getting greasy on me. but ive only ran them for two hpde's.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:54 AM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
i like the ra1's over the r888's. i feel like after a good session by the end of it the r888's are getting greasy on me. but ive only ran them for two hpde's.
I have read a lot about those 2 sets of tires and in the end I decided to try the R888s but I have also heard great stuff about the RA1s too.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Cool man, thanks for the info. I have seen pictures of past events posted at Mustangworld and I thought it was a yearly event. Nice to know it's more often. Yea, I will definitely check it out and may stop by (if it's not raining). This year has been a little wacky for the weather. Irvine is a heck of a lot closer than RSM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

I have the Flex on both of my S197 Mustangs and LOVE IT. We have installed these kits both in the Super Street form and the FLEX upgrade.

Something TEIN doesn't promote and I can't understand why is the the FLEX kit COMES WITH billet upper adjustable camber plates AND competition style adjustable front sway bar end links as well. These alone make the difference in price well worth it. Plus the FLEX removes almost 30lbs of unsprung weight as well! Not bad for a suspension change.

Our customer feedback on the FLEX system has been incredible. I myself have had the following kits on my test car that I daily drive, Progress coil overs, H&R coil overs, Eibach Pro II coil overs, KW Coil overs, and Tokico D Specs with H&R springs.

I will always use the TEIN systems on my cars from now on. The EDFC feature is absolutely trick! I found myself driving my car all the time on full soft just so it doesn't ride hard but with all the other kits, I couldnt do that. because if I wanted to adjust it, I would have to get out of the car, pop the hood and trunk and make adjustments.

I was headed to a meeting up in LA so I was on the freeway in stop and go. Car was on 16 (full soft setting F & R). I ended up getting off the freeway and found myself on Mulholland Drive! So I hit a button to one of my other preset settings (F:3 R:5) and ran the hills full bore and had a blast without ever leaving my car.

We are having an introductory price special for the FLEX systems and the EDFC options for S197s. Shoot me a PM if you're intersted in more info.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

As for the Toyo 888 are you planning on running this car on the street???