Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

hell, how do you pick up the appropriate suspension mods for your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:23 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Default hell, how do you pick up the appropriate suspension mods for your car?

I want to upgrade my lca and uca and pan hard bar and sway bar but there is so many different prices, choice, adjustable non adjustable, spherical? im a real real real zero in suspension and im french, so all the English explication get me lost very easily.
Im on americanmuscle shopping for suspension upgrade (Cause i dont know any other site that ship to canada or so far in here i wasnt really able to get anyone attention to offer me a package deal with for uca lca and swaybar)

Im planning on drag racing and street fun, car is not a daily driver but i want it to handle the street the best it can, and hook up on the line like if it want to fly, I want to have proper control of the car when I go sideway etc,

there is like 10 sort of lower control arm, the ford racing one that are originally equiped on Shelby interrest me, they are not expensive and if they can improve anything im in for it, but there is so many other choice that i just feel retarded trying to buy one with out knowing what would differ from the 9 others available.

same story for UCA, most of them look adjustable, im not really sure I get what does adjusting them do, how you dial them in, im not good with tool for car so i wont be able to play with the setup at all, id like something that work for all my use fair enough and that doesnt require any adjustement, so what are my real option?

i think ill go with the bmr pan hard bar, I was looking for the watt link but i dont plan tracking the car/lapping except drag racing like previously said, and the price of the wattlink would easily bust the rest of my suspension budget.

swaybar...there again, adjustable sway bar ...ouch, 35mm, 25mm etc, i just dont know what to look at, eibach or ford racing sound decent by review, anything I should consider? i want agressiv cornering, currently with the coilover, the handle is great but I want more, cause I never know when ill get tired of the bouncy/a bit stiff comfort quality given from them that I might sometime just go back stock.

all in all, what do i need to look at, does price really change quality?
i was going to pull the trigger on J&m extrem joint lower control arm and JPC adjustable UCA that go fairly in the mid range price, bmr pan hard bar and ford racing sway bar.

any help or opinion or if you sell suspension and would like to quote me with thèses 4 things shipped here in montreal, id love to work something with a forum member.
thanks

Last edited by mighted1987; 11-14-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

These parts would be an excellent choice for you:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...anhard-11.html

That's what I'm running on my 2011 5.0 and these parts work well. Plus, they have a Lifetime Guarantee!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:46 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

pmed u!.

Last edited by mighted1987; 11-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.