Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Enkei PF01s & Nitto NT01s

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Red06
2nd Gear Member

I have never used hub centric rings with the Enkei RS+M's that I've had for three years. I always hand start the lug nuts and rotate the wheel back and fourth to be sure the lug nuts are properly centered in the holes. Use the star pattern to torque and I'm good to go. As Philostang said, use a little care and there should be no problems.

The 35mm offset looks awesome on the car. You'll notice a difference in acceleration with the lighter rims and tires.

Cheers,

Last edited by Red06; 03-19-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Flyingpants

I've been told that the front center caps won't fit so you might not want to drive a DD without them. I don't care because mine are track only.

They also cost about $400 a wheel is is a little pricey and right now they only come in silver.

Philostang

They look great on the GT500. Thanks a bunch.

When is your first track day with them?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Philo looking good man love that second pic especially. Color of those wheels look good on that car IMO.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_08
Flyingpants

I've been told that the front center caps won't fit so you might not want to drive a DD without them. I don't care because mine are track only.

They also cost about $400 a wheel is is a little pricey and right now they only come in silver.
Thanks for the info buddy, I thought they were going to be cheaper than that.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Philostang

Sorry you may already told us but what size are the NT01s on your Enkei's?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Well I picked up my new wheels and tires today and they look really nice just like Philostang's.

In fact they are exactly like his as the ones shipped were 35 mm offset instead of the 45mm offset I ordered. Since Philostang is using 35s I decided to keep them.

Now I really can't wait until my first track day - sometime the end of April
Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_08
Philostang

Sorry you may already told us but what size are the NT01s on your Enkei's?
Sorry Sleep, I've been swamped with work and an out-of-country trip. Add to that the flurry of this past week to get ready for running Putnam Park this weekend (), and I've barely even looked at this board.

I'm running 275/35R18 on the PF01s.

Since I'm not supercharged, I don't often see the 130 mph top speed in 4th, so we'll see what happens/where in the other gears. They're about the same dia. as the 245/40R18 tires I had on before (about 1/2" taller), and I really liked the lower stance I had with those (4.5" rocker to ground).

After this weekend I'll have a report on all the wheel/tire gear I got for this summer, and I should have decent pics as well.

Best,
-j
Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Those are awesome wheels, they look great on 350z's and g35's too. They are so light, your accel. is gonna have an impressive jump
Old 04-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Philostang
Sorry Sleep, I've been swamped with work and an out-of-country trip. Add to that the flurry of this past week to get ready for running Putnam Park this weekend (), and I've barely even looked at this board.

I'm running 275/35R18 on the PF01s.

Since I'm not supercharged, I don't often see the 130 mph top speed in 4th, so we'll see what happens/where in the other gears. They're about the same dia. as the 245/40R18 tires I had on before (about 1/2" taller), and I really liked the lower stance I had with those (4.5" rocker to ground).

After this weekend I'll have a report on all the wheel/tire gear I got for this summer, and I should have decent pics as well.

Best,
-j
Now apologies required - I know all about work getting in the way of having fun.

Have a good time this weekend. Looking forward to your report and pics. Are you going to start the 2010 Share Your Track Day Experiences Thread?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Philostang
Sorry Sleep, I've been swamped with work and an out-of-country trip. Add to that the flurry of this past week to get ready for running Putnam Park this weekend, and I've barely even looked at this board.
Philo - what group are you running with at Putnum? There is a guy named Bill Neal who drives a C6 Corvette. His company is 10/10ths Motorsports. He regularly holds events at Putnum. I attended a two day at VIR with his group last Sept. Very nice guys and I highly recommend them. Pretty laid back, lots of track time. His head instructor is a guy named Danny Popp, one of the best amateur drivers in the country - several time national champion in various classes. Look them up.

Sleep - sorry for the off topic post. Congrats on the new wheels and tires. I'm confident you will love them. What brake pads are you using this year? Also - what are you doing on May 3-4? A bunch of your fellow Canadians from the Ontario area are driving down to Watkins Glen for the www.pdadrivingschool.com event. Ever hear of Powell Motorsports in Port Perry? Its guys connected with that shop, I think there are about 10 of them invading NY.

Brad

Last edited by Argonaut; 04-09-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Enkei PF01s & Nitto NT01s