Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

K Member brace w/ engine torque limiter info

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Elanor05
1st Gear Member

Default K Member brace w/ engine torque limiter info

Anyone have the K member brace w/ engine torque limiter. If so could you tell me some of your opinions on it and if you feel the difference with it. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

you notice it seems to go into gear easier on hard shift, and a lot more motor noise inside as well as more vibration. I dont think its really worth the money. Just my .2 cents tho
Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Shotokan1509
2nd Gear Member

I think its a major help on the 2-3 shift, my combo is factory motormounts & pro 5.0 shifter.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:25 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

I bought the CHE K-member brace with torque limiters from Brenspeed.

http://www.brenspeed.com/che7la.html

I think it's a great mod, I love it! without the brace and when the motor was cold sometimes 2nd would be annoying even on a slow shift and hot or cold 3rd would kinda get stuck in the gate on a fast shift.

with the brace and torque limiters it's perfect, night and day difference! there's zero vibration increase and no noise increase. maybe if I had the stock exhaust there would have been a increase in noise but I didn't hear or feel a difference. now the shifts feel awesome, I never have a problem going from gear to gear now.

it's up to you, if you ever have the shifts get stuck in the gate going from gear to gear then you should get it. if that never happens to you then it's probably not worth it.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

the brace is nice. I think people who say they are noisy probably need to figure out how to correctly adjust the spherical joints. Same with people who have noise from poly/spherical combos....

I run the brace on my car, as well as had my mom put one on hers. To me the biggest difference was how much more the motor and car feel as one. You feel force being built up and the more positive transfer of energy having it tied into the frame. It really does a lot more then just helping with the drive lines remote mounted shifter, but thats a huge gain as well. No noise from either of ours.

Considering how cheap it is, and how easy to install, well worth the money!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...deo-guide.html
Old 03-31-2010, 10:15 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

I like how now when I rev at a stop the car shakes side to side
Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I still get locked out of 3rd gear from time to time even with the torque limiters. I'm installing motor mounts today and hopefully that should solve the problem for good. I have a lot of trouble getting into gear a lot of the time.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

that's a bummer, every car is a little different I guess. on my car the mod made everything perfect.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Elanor05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
I like how now when I rev at a stop the car shakes side to side
Too bad you didn't have the video of it going side to side. Did you notice any vibrations in the cabin at all? Im having mine installed Tuesday, can't wait.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:20 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Elanor05
Too bad you didn't have the video of it going side to side. Did you notice any vibrations in the cabin at all? Im having mine installed Tuesday, can't wait.
That would be cool now that I have the blower I'll get some more videos. I personally didn't gain any noise or vibration at all, nothing noticeable over the exhaust anyway.

Quick Reply: K Member brace w/ engine torque limiter info