Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

LCA relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM
mwinter501
1st Gear Member

Default LCA relocation brackets

Is there any real difference between the BMR and Seeda LCA relocation brackets? I am looking to pick up a set and I can't tell which set is of higher quality.

I know that there have been some problems with them breaking, so I wanted to get the best quality. I plan on welding them in, so hopefully that will help. I'm not running enough power for that to be a reasonable risk anyway.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I think the Steeda's come with more adjustment holes, but other than that, neither should break. The factor in whether or not you need to weld them is not how much power you have, but what tires you are running. If you have drag radials or slicks, then you need to weld them. Either welded in should not break.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
mwinter501
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
I think the Steeda's come with more adjustment holes, but other than that, neither should break. The factor in whether or not you need to weld them is not how much power you have, but what tires you are running. If you have drag radials or slicks, then you need to weld them. Either welded in should not break.
Excellent information, Thank you. I am running 275 Nitto NT05 DR's in the rear, so I will be welding them in for sure.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:31 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mwinter501
Is there any real difference between the BMR and Seeda LCA relocation brackets? I am looking to pick up a set and I can't tell which set is of higher quality.

I know that there have been some problems with them breaking, so I wanted to get the best quality. I plan on welding them in, so hopefully that will help. I'm not running enough power for that to be a reasonable risk anyway.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

I have BMR LCA relocation brackets and they do not have as many adjustment holes. BMR was first and try as I might Steeda would not release their LCA brackets until I had already installed the BMR's ro a couple of years. Both are good quality but Steeda uses a higher alloy steel with more adjustment holes and cad plates them.

Go with Steeda if you are a looking to optimize your rear axle geometry for either strip or road course use. Can make a huge difference when used in conjunction with Steeda's Comp/Street UCA/H.D. UCA mount kit. Much better grip and less braking induced wheel hop due to the much longer UCA and adjustable pickup point on the Steeda H.D. UCA mount.

HTH!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the Steeda units.

I run them and love the fact that I have three picks of what angle I run my control arms. My car is lowered and if I wanted I could set the arms level, or I could set them with a pretty steep tail-down angle, or (as I have them now) I can set them with a mild 3 deg tail-down angle.

Best,
-j
Old 06-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I'm putting a set of UMI brackets on my car this weekend. Car is not lowered. I intend to use the less extreme of the two down angle settings. Not sure what angle that works out to but I'm hoping that I get a little boost in traction out of the deal and some resistance towards wheel hop.

Bolt on brackets, not going to weld them in yet.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Philostang
+1 on the Steeda units.

I run them and love the fact that I have three picks of what angle I run my control arms. My car is lowered and if I wanted I could set the arms level, or I could set them with a pretty steep tail-down angle, or (as I have them now) I can set them with a mild 3 deg tail-down angle.

Best,
-j
I also have the Steeda ones with a slight tail down angle. The instructions also say to install them on an alignment rig so they are harder to install.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:38 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

If you're going to weld them you should grind off the plating before you install them or at least before you weld them. The plating is yellow zinc, because cadmium as been outlawed for years.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Doing the install right now, a set of UMI brackets. What a pain in the *** it is to get the holes to line up. That thing is on there tight and I'm on the ground twisting around trying to use my hands and a mallet to tap it in to place. As soon as the panhard bolt hole is lined up something else is off and vice versa, back and forth. I finally just gave up on the bitch last night. Going to try again after work today.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by 908ssp
If you're going to weld them you should grind off the plating before you install them or at least before you weld them. The plating is yellow zinc, because cadmium as been outlawed for years.
And use weld thru primer....

Quick Reply: LCA relocation brackets