Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

PZero Nero All Season + light snow

Old 12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
G4b0r

Default PZero Nero All Season + light snow

My mustang came with Pirelli PZero Nero All Season tires from the factory. I'll be driving to Albuquerque. It usually never snows except when I go there :-)

Now the snow isn't going to be bad, but I was wondering if anyone had some experience with these tires in light snow.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:00 AM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by G4b0r
My mustang came with Pirelli PZero Nero All Season tires from the factory. I'll be driving to Albuquerque. It usually never snows except when I go there :-)

Now the snow isn't going to be bad, but I was wondering if anyone had some experience with these tires in light snow.
My wife has an new 2011 V-6 with all season tires. We had 2.5 inches of snow yesterday. Mustangs suck in the snow. Drive carefully.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Be careful.... All season pretty much means generally passable in all seasons, great in none.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 PM
imfamousjim
1st Gear Member

I drove around in them a bit last winter... It wasn't great, but I was impressed nonetheless. The last time i had driven in snow it was my 95 mustang with summer tires and I couldn't get the car over the bump to get into my driveway.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
JimC

I am on my third set of the Pzeros with 160,000 miles on the Mustang. We get snow here in Southeast Michigan - and I drive my car every day to the office, 45 miles one way. I haven't had any problems with the Pzeros, which is why I have kept buying them since I know what to expect from them.

2.5" of snow should be no problem. I drove this past Monday in 6" on the ground and a blizzard with white out conditions.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
jamesgribley
1st Gear Member

2010 'Vert here with the same tires...and I live in Michigan....I wouldnt call what we had this past week a blizzard...but there is still ice on the ground and my car handled well considering the ice.

People, we just need to respect the weather and the car...the car only handles as well as the person driving it!!!

The Pzero are not snow tires...but they will be just fine...given you drive for the conditions....

Gribley
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by jamesgribley
2010 'Vert here with the same tires...and I live in Michigan....I wouldnt call what we had this past week a blizzard...but there is still ice on the ground and my car handled well considering the ice.

People, we just need to respect the weather and the car...the car only handles as well as the person driving it!!!

The Pzero are not snow tires...but they will be just fine...given you drive for the conditions....

Gribley
What area of Michigan? I'm in the Port Huron area and we had a lot of snow, blowing snow, and white out conditions. Was not a fun drive in on Monday. The Blue Water Bridge was closed because on the Sarnia side it was so bad they had to close the 402.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I drive every day in the snow to school. In the last week we have had like 10 inches total. The mustang is downright dangerous and stupid in the snow, but it is my only means of transportation to school and soon work. I am getting new tires soon, as my pzeros have almost 38000 miles on them and have hit the wear bars about a month ago. I have to take every turn going 10, and can't accelerate from a stop. I just have to let off the brake and let the car move itself for a second or 2 and then accelerate or I break lose.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:17 AM
JimC

The Mustang isn't
downright dangerous and stupid in the snow
-- I think it has more to do with
my pzeros have almost 38000 miles on them and have hit the wear bars about a month ago.
You are driving on unsafe tires if you have been on the wear bars for a month. You can't expect to get any traction with no tread on the tires. It wouldn't matter what you are driving with worn out tires and has nothing to do with the car itself.

I have no problems with my car in the snow. What is stupid and dangerous is the other drivers. Monday, on ice covered expressway, snow coming down hard, wind blowing across the road at up to 40mph and white out conditions at times up comes a mini van in the left lane going 70.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:36 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
I am on my third set of the Pzeros with 160,000 miles on the Mustang. We get snow here in Southeast Michigan - and I drive my car every day to the office, 45 miles one way. I haven't had any problems with the Pzeros, which is why I have kept buying them since I know what to expect from them.

2.5" of snow should be no problem. I drove this past Monday in 6" on the ground and a blizzard with white out conditions.
You really should have "snows" in your situation. Honestly. Sorry.

Cheers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PZero Nero All Season + light snow