Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Talk Me In To Buying Koni STR.T's

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
pitch
2nd Gear Member

Default Talk Me In To Buying Koni STR.T's

I'm seriously considering these based on most research. Don't want the adjustables.

So talk me in to buying the STR.T's. Are they that much better than stock? How do you most notice the difference? Anything bad? Not planning on lowering the car so does that make a difference?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
johnpagenola
1st Gear Member

I bought them and recommend that you do too. The Koni STR.T's are better than stock in that the ride on a rough road is more controlled. This increased control is most apparent when going around a curve and then hitting a bump while in the curve.

On a rough road the bumps are more distinct. When we first got the Koni's my wife complained that the ride was rougher.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

Are you on stock springs, john?
Cause I did both springs and shocks at the same time, and even though it drives a million times more stable than stock, I always got out of my car rubbing my back afterward because of the rough ride. I always wondered if it was the shocks, since the springs are 1" drop; they shouldn't be that bad.

I never could find anyone else running my spring/shock combo; specially someone like Strano. Everyone else seems to run them with Steeda's springs.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:48 AM
johnpagenola
1st Gear Member

I have the stock springs. The roads here are terrible and often have water so I cannot lower the car.

On my previous Mustang, a 92 vert, I replaced the stock springs, but quickly went back to stock because the car would frequently bottom out.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I just put mine in last week and I love them, not too harsh IMO but nice and firm. As stated above alot more control on bumpy roads or turns with bumps. I am very happy with them.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:05 PM
tailwind

I put the Koni STR-T's on all four corners of my V6 coupe but one of the rear ones sprung an oil leak and it took a long time to get it replaced on the warranty. Had not driven it very much before the leak occured but can't say I noticed a big difference although my driving was mostly normal highway and some gravel roads. While waiting for Koni to replace the bad damper I installed a pair of Monroe on the back and have been driving with them, SensaTrak Monroe's. Wish I was able to give a better review for you but did not have the chance to drive the Koni's much. If anything, they may have been a bit more stiff than stock but not much.