Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

STEEDA Coilover Nightmare

Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
CXracer

Gus -- I appreciate your reply

This has been going on for a month. While I appreciate your proposal -- based on what I've seen, I'm not convinced the system will be noise free. That also means my new car is down for another two weeks minimum which means...

* Wait for your shipping labels to be mailed to me (I am not paying for shipping)
* I'm not comfortable taking the risk of lifting the opposite side of the front end while the other side is on a jack stand to remove both front struts at once.
* I do not want to swap back my stock setup again.

If you had offered to expedite new, completely assembled front struts that you guarantee will operate properly, most importantly -- to stop this back and fourth and get me on the road asap... my response might have been different.

Last edited by CXracer; 03-21-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:55 PM
CXracer

The fun never stops

Since Steeda agreed to a full refund of their product, I laid out another 2k in suspension so I could swap the Steeda product straight out of my car. Mind you I was still out of commission another 2 weeks to get the parts and install them, and then shell out for a second alignment. $300+ flushed on the first alignment thanks to my Steeda experience.

All done, perfect. Finally. Will followup on that at some point in the future.

I respectfully, carefully, and completely packed up every nut, bolt, et all of their product for return. I confirmed tracking that all 3 boxes arrived back to them this past Wednesday.

So far two email attempts to contact them regarding a refund this week and both been ignored. Nice - the saga continues...
Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Well,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post this.
I hope you got what you wanted, and I do hope things work out for you in the end.

Steeda products are now off the shopping list.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Wow this is crazy, what a thread to read. A lot of patience here. I would have been out of control. So kudo's to CXracer. I think Steeda should of recommended a local Steeda service center to have your install done at there expense. Especially after selling crap parts. But that's my opinion. Thanks for the thread, it will help in my suspension parts buying.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 AM
excursion745

wow sounds like you took every step in the right direction, and i could see how they wouldnt enjoy having to give you back your money. Hopefully you bought it with a creditcard then contacted your card saying it was a defective product and showing them your that you shipped the product back they could refund your money or atleast stop payment to them for the time being untill your refund comes through.

on another note what is your second choice for suspesnion? Im just wondering seeing is how your really not willing to go back to stock at all.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CXracer
The fun never stops

Since Steeda agreed to a full refund of their product, I laid out another 2k in suspension so I could swap the Steeda product straight out of my car. Mind you I was still out of commission another 2 weeks to get the parts and install them, and then shell out for a second alignment. $300+ flushed on the first alignment thanks to my Steeda experience.

All done, perfect. Finally. Will followup on that at some point in the future.

I respectfully, carefully, and completely packed up every nut, bolt, et all of their product for return. I confirmed tracking that all 3 boxes arrived back to them this past Wednesday.

So far two email attempts to contact them regarding a refund this week and both been ignored. Nice - the saga continues...
Don is on vacation, that is why the emails have not been answered.

Your refund was processed back on 4/8. If you have any other questions Don will be back in the office tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

CX, I'm impressed with your patience too. I hope this works out.

Gus, I'm wondering if Steeda has any comment to CX's findings regarding the possibility of faulty manufacturing? He seems highly educated and experienced in suspension work which lead me (maybe us) to believe that his conclusions MAY be accurate. I only ask because this is a real sucky situation for both parties here. Steeda has a lot of customers on the forums, including myself, and none of us want to run away a reputable manufacturer but we also don't like to hear horror stories like this.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:16 PM
CXracer

No indication a refund has been processed as of COB Monday 4/11. You were CC'd on the email as well.

Interesting enough when I went to my alignment shop on Saturday to have the steering wheel center adjusted, they told me they had a 2010 Mustang GT with Tokico struts and Steeda HD strut mounts that were making noise far worse than mine.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

I have no loyalty to Steeda, never purchased a part of theirs. However they seem to have given you a very respectful option and you declined it requesting a refund. I believe CX was very patient but this is a very disrespectful way of going about it. It doesn't sound like you have your problem fixed yet and can't definitively say it was a Steeda manufacturing fault yet. Also you didn't give Steeda the option to either prove that it was an installation error or to learn from your experience by giving them the opportunity to make it right.

I say go Steeda for making every attempt to make the situation right. And tough luck CX for your experience with Steeda and likely experience with future manufacturers to boot.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
CXracer, I think SpartaPerformance is being polite because he's a vender.

The larger issue with these venders is that they give the impression that badly designed high performance parts are your fault and problem because you decided to change your car from stock, even though the very premise that they have you pay for in full is that the parts are the same or superior quality than stock. Often they are not, or they are fully aware of the compromises and don't tell you about them. Again, that is your fault according to them.

Saleen's original release of the Watts link(Generation 1) that failed during testing, and was produced anyway, and sold dishonestly by vendors as the Generation 2 Watts link that was designed better, but still failed, was completely denied by Saleen.

Buying these parts is a complete crap shoot, some are great, and some are terrible, and none of us have any idea which were getting until they are paid for and installed.

It is heartbreaking and dishonest. Steeda should know they have a crap design on that part, they don't have to have you tell them after your out all the time and money. Erik
I'm not a vendor. I don't post parts for sale, I don't link anything to anywhere. Am I in the auto business? Yes! I'm a certified service writer at a Ford dealer on Long Island.... do I side job?... Yes! Am I older then most people here?... most likely I've been messing with Mustangs since 1989. All my post was about was things go wrong and if they do they must be dealt with in a certain way, same thing I tell customers at the dealer whether they have a 2011 or 1991 vehicle, sometimes customer don't like to hear it but procedures need to be followed. As for Steeda they been around for 20+ years you can't do that peddling junk. Remember there are multiple sides to every story. Unfortunately in today's "microwave" world we all want it now now now. You young guys have it too good, I remember waiting week + just for small bolt ons. Damn I feel old.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: STEEDA Coilover Nightmare