Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Is this a good suspension kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Is this a good suspension kit?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...ackage-p-30626

Or what about the roush?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...on-kit-p-25762
Old 04-08-2011, 03:03 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

You couls very easily piece together your own and get better results.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Good for what - i.e. what do you want to do with the car after the suspension is upgraded?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Check out the BMR suspension kits. They include everything you need for a better price.Including Tokico D adjustable shocks.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:45 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Reason I was thinking about just a full suspension kit is cause everything is designed to work together and I thought shocks were more expensive but I just checked Strano performance and I seem to be wrong lol. Tokico shocks are between $500-$600 and I am sure they are better than the roush's. I dont road race or anything, just like to take turns fast sometimes and the suspension on this car is just plain pathetic. So goddamn bouncy and makes it feel nothing like a sports car. My mothers 2011 cts feels tighter in corners.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Talk to Sam.

Meanwhile, can you describe exactly what you mean by "bouncy"? Do the front and rear ends of the car rise and fall together, are they moving in opposite directions, or does just one end seem to be moving up/down?

Norm
Old 04-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

On kits, it's kind of hard to evaluate them when disclaimers like
*image is only a representation and may not be the actual product
are present.

I'm not saying that what's in the kit may not be matched to your driving or anybody else's, just that when I don't know in some detail what's inside the box it's hard to give a fair comment, favorable or otherwise. For example, the bar sizes are not given (Sam is likely to know and may have even tested them).

As a sort of backhanded recommendation from a guy who expects to know in a whole lot more detail than one picture (that may or may not be of the real kit) and three lines of advertising copy - neither kit is likely to be bad. Truth be told, most people don't drive hard enough often enough for smallish differences to matter. And at least these kits don't include parts like strut tower or panhard bar braces that are completely unnecessary for the driving you have described.

The flip side, of course, is that it might come up a little short of expectations depending on how demanding you really are (or might become).

One thing that I think you need to keep in mind before you get too starry-eyed over any particular kit (set of springs, actually) is ground clearance. Long tubes, lowering, and things like speed bumps or occasional road debris don't always play nice together.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 04-09-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah I am going to call Sam up when I am ready, but I will most likely just piece together my own setup unless he has good things to say about the roush kit. I mean the roush 427r handles great so who knows.

As far as bouncy, its not bouncy to the point where somethings wrong just not what I expected to come from a mustang. I wanted a more stable balanced suspension without the understeer we get. I know, its alot to expect from a car under $40k but its weird how my mothers 2011 cts feels tighter in corners.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

What I'm getting at with trying to find out "what kind of bouncy" is whether it's mostly a strut/shock issue or possibly one of spring rates that are mismatched at least for the roads and speeds where you encounter it. Struts/shocks or springs/bars is more about where you're getting understeer.

Driving technique, tire stagger, and tire pressures also figure in to the understeer that you experience.

Norm