Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Vogtland Brand Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
rocky321
2nd Gear Member

Default Vogtland Brand Lowering Springs

Anyone familar with these? Good? Bad?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:46 PM
TheBocSez

I ran them on my 08. Good brand, nice improvement in handling while maintaining a decent ride quality. The only issue I had with them is that I bought the V6 "Leveling" kit and it didnt. I was looking to lose the forward rake, but it stayed. Basically just lowered the car so not much of a "leveling" kit. I fixed it by going with a set of BMR rear springs. Those combined with my Vogtland fronts and its level now.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 AM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Very good quality springs, but stiff ride for street use. I have 'em on my '08 Bullitt, along with Koni yellows. Also, they do have a bit of rake, but it looks OK. I'd prefer more level and a smoother ride, so may change these out for the FRPP "P" springs in the future. If you like some rake and don't mind a stiff ride, Vogtlands are great.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldlugs
Very good quality springs, but stiff ride for street use. I have 'em on my '08 Bullitt, along with Koni yellows.
Were yours the 'regular' GT springs or were they the 'leveling kit' that uses the GT500-rated spring up front?

How much did they lower your car? (IIRC, the Bullitt came slightly lower than the 'regular GT' to begin with).

Any unexpected behavior or sensations?

And what do you have the Konis set to?

Norm
Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I have the .8/1.2 set on my 2010 V6 with Koni SRT.T and the ride is good, a little more harsh on big bumps but not bad. Get Comments all the time on how good it looks. It is not level, but I like it with a little rake to it.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:21 PM
rocky321
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
I have the .8/1.2 set on my 2010 V6 with Koni SRT.T and the ride is good, a little more harsh on big bumps but not bad. Get Comments all the time on how good it looks. It is not level, but I like it with a little rake to it.

I'm going to try the Vogtland springs, Koni SRT.T shocks and Edelbrock adjustable panhard rod out back and the Koni SRT.T struts with the OEM springs up front. What to see what that stance looks like.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

It's not recommended you split springs like that, in fact one of the biggest issues with the 2011 cars is that many don't like what feels like a rocking or hobby-horsing, and that's because the rear springs are stiffer than the fronts where what you really want is the opposite the fronts a bit stiffer than the rears.

Doing lowering springs on the rear will not only make the rears stiffer, but also cost you working travel vs. the front as well.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
BIGPHIL
1st Gear Member

I've had the Vogtland GT leveling kit on my 2009 from basically day 1 (purchased from www.hotpart.com). The car came out great and sits about as level as you are gonna get without some serious coin. I'm using them in combination with Tokico D-specs struts/shocks.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:09 AM
rocky321
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
It's not recommended you split springs like that, in fact one of the biggest issues with the 2011 cars is that many don't like what feels like a rocking or hobby-horsing, and that's because the rear springs are stiffer than the fronts where what you really want is the opposite the fronts a bit stiffer than the rears.

Doing lowering springs on the rear will not only make the rears stiffer, but also cost you working travel vs. the front as well.
Not sure what you mean by "but also cost you working travel vs. the front as well".
Old 06-09-2011, 08:35 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldlugs
Very good quality springs, but stiff ride for street use. I have 'em on my '08 Bullitt, along with Koni yellows. Also, they do have a bit of rake, but it looks OK. I'd prefer more level and a smoother ride, so may change these out for the FRPP "P" springs in the future. If you like some rake and don't mind a stiff ride, Vogtlands are great.
I disagree completely. Vogtlands are known for their ride quality and in my experience that is completely true. I'm using their leveling springs with stock struts/shocks and they ride great.

Quick Reply: Vogtland Brand Lowering Springs