Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

ATTN: Koni STR.T's are BACK IN STOCK!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
saintsfan

I bought all my suspension parts from Sam.

He's been a great source of info for us over at imboc and he was always straight with me. He gave me straight answers a couple months ago when I was trying to get some UMI parts for my 'B'. His willingness to take the time and email or call and give his honest opinions (which in a couple cases advised me against ordering some of the parts he stocks). If I needed anything that he stocked, I'd buy from him again. Even if his costs are a bit higher. I don't mind giving Sam my business, the little difference in cost is more than made up by his consulation and willingness to help.

To get back on track, anyone considering new shocks, these are the way to go. It's been like night and day. It feels like the car is on rails. I feel comfortable taking turns at speeds that I wouldn't have before. Great product and great service.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:53 AM
Truckbutt
Banned

If pointing out that Sam is charging you $30 more then someone else makes me a dick, so be it. If pointing out that he's making a boatload of money from people on this board and could easily reduce his shipping charges makes me a dick, so be it. If you like the fact that he acts like he's the only one in the country that can sell suspension parts and that if you're lucky he might get it for you, so be it. Abused childen act the same way.
I don't expect /want anyone to lie to me about a product. On the other hand telling somone that orders are flying in and if you're lucky I might be able to get you some in a while is late night TV BS. So keep paying more then you should for free advice from your friend who's smiling all the way to the bank.
I may be a dick, but I won't buy from someone who treats me like one.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

How do you know he's making a boatload of money? Do you have access to his financial records? Its a specialized, small business, he can't really afford to sell items wholesale that other less specialized parts sellers can. And nobody is putting a gun to our heads and forcing us to buy from him. We full well realize that there are plenty of other options out there, but we CHOOSE to buy from him because we like his service and his expertise that other parts sellers lack. When I bought brake parts from him for my 2011 he actually called me to make sure I ordered the right parts and talk about the 2011 brake systems, and then he asked me to call him back with feedback. Has any other business done this for you? And abused children? WTF?

It may be that everybody else on this board is crazy and you're the only sane person who knows what they're talking about, but I doubt it.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:17 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Truckbutt I see what you are trying to say but thats wrong to post on a vendors annoucement thread. You could have advertised that website in another post or another thread.

I have ordered from Sam twice, I also got my Konis when they were on sale for $340 STR.Ts I couldnt find a better deal then that on those shocks/struts. Fast shipping and great communication and answers all of my questions. I don't see the shipping cost is a problem, he only bills you the actual cost to ship it which isnt much. No problem over here.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

I am amazed at how much emphasis some people put on getting the absolute lowest possible price instead of looking at value for money spent.

Sam provides excellent value for money and I've seen his shop and met him personally. My feeling is he is not making a boatload of money and he is doing it more for the love of the sport instead of to get rich.

Over the years his advice has saved me a significant amount of money.

Sometimes Sam may be a little too passionate in his responses but this is because he really cares and believes in what he is saying. I would much rather have someone like that present and contributing to the forum than certain other types.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 PM
garya

Hey Sam, I just placed an order through your website last night for Koni STR.T's, Steeda Ultralight Springs, Steeda HD Upper Strut Mounts/Camber Plates-2010 type and Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar for my 2011 Ford Mustang V6!! I hope to hear from you shortly so I can get these on there way and installed!!
Thank You
Gary
Old 06-25-2011, 11:22 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_08
I am amazed at how much emphasis some people put on getting the absolute lowest possible price instead of looking at value for money spent.
It's the "Walmart" mentality, I deal with it every day in my pharmacy. The cheapest price is not the best value in most cases. I bought all my suspension parts from Sam and installed them myself. I did the installation not to save money but to be more familiar with my car! I bought from Sam because of value; he said call if I had any questions about installation or about the settings afterwards.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:37 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
It's the "Walmart" mentality, I deal with it every day in my pharmacy. The cheapest price is not the best value in most cases. I bought all my suspension parts from Sam and installed them myself. I did the installation not to save money but to be more familiar with my car! I bought from Sam because of value; he said call if I had any questions about installation or about the settings afterwards.
+1 on install yourself to get more familiar with your own car!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 PM
smokievol
2nd Gear Member

Sam does a Fantastic job, I bought the Koni Yellows, Steeda Springs plus other items to get my suspension done right. I could not ask and would not expect for someone to spend more time with me, a novice.
I know who I will always give the first shot at, when I buy more upgrades.

Thanks Sam for your time and expertise.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
rocky321
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Truckbutt
If pointing out that Sam is charging you $30 more then someone else makes me a dick, so be it. If pointing out that he's making a boatload of money from people on this board and could easily reduce his shipping charges makes me a dick, so be it. If you like the fact that he acts like he's the only one in the country that can sell suspension parts and that if you're lucky he might get it for you, so be it. Abused childen act the same way.
I don't expect /want anyone to lie to me about a product. On the other hand telling somone that orders are flying in and if you're lucky I might be able to get you some in a while is late night TV BS. So keep paying more then you should for free advice from your friend who's smiling all the way to the bank.
I may be a dick, but I won't buy from someone who treats me like one.
I'll probably be blacklisted for saying this, but I have to back Truckbutt on this one. And its not "abused children", its more like lambs. I hate follow the leader. I agree you can't buy experienced advice, but you can shop around for the best deals. Actually, Tire Rack HAD, when I bought them, the Koni STR.T shocks and struts cheaper than anyone else. On the flip side, I'm sure Truckbutt MEANT IT as a dig, for his own reasons. Can't please everybody everytime!

Quick Reply: ATTN: Koni STR.T's are BACK IN STOCK!