Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

D-Specs out and Koni Sports in. Thanks to Sam Strano

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:45 AM
LC06GT
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up D-Specs out and Koni Sports in. Thanks to Sam Strano

Finally removed the D-Specs and replaced them with Koni Sports, exactly as Sam advised me the ride is better. Every bit as firm if not more but not bone jarring.
The big difference is when you hit a noticable bump (man hole cover) you don't grit your teeth.
I also changed out Steeda Ultalite springs for Sams Steeda Sports.
Thanks again Sam, the wait was well worth it.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:39 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Glad you're new setup is working well for ya.

If I were to do it again, I probably would have gone Koni Sports over my D-Specs, but for now, I don't see enough benefit to justify the cost of new Koni dampers. I'm also still very happy with the D-Specs.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 PM
stepqhen
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by parchisi
Glad you're new setup is working well for ya.

If I were to do it again, I probably would have gone Koni Sports over my D-Specs, but for now, I don't see enough benefit to justify the cost of new Koni dampers. I'm also still very happy with the D-Specs.
What he said. I am running the D-Specs as well, just didn't want to wait for the Konis to be shiped, had an AutoX season to start. So far they are treating me well.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:46 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I'm on the D-specs as well along with Saleen springs. I'm happy with the lay out, I just am losing weight.

When adding up a Supercharger and all the suspension additions from Steeda plus the aftermarket wheels and larger brakes, the car was topping 3640 lbs.

Other items I've added/replaced have taken away about 75 lbs from that, but i can take a good deal more off the front, as well as lighter wheels(Enkei's 18x9.5) would weigh only 19.8 lbs each.

That's my plan next, Erik
Old 07-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I swapped in Koni sport rears and ran d-spec fronts for awhile. You can really feel the difference. The Koni's have much better valving, no doubt.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:51 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Koni's here too, which tightened up the feel of the ride. I replaced the stock setup, so I cannot compare with the d-specs.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

I've had both D-Specs and now Koni Sports/Yellows and would never go back to the D-Specs.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
LC06GT
1st Gear Member

Been out on the Koni's for four trips now. It is so enjoyable to drive now and easy to take on longer trips without being beat up. I thought the D-Specs were pretty good but the Koni's have them beat. I also think the Steeda sport springs are helping out over the ultralites. My opinion! The one downside, every part that makes the car better makes it feel slower.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:06 AM
09blkgtcal
2nd Gear Member

I have the dspecs with steeda sport springs and am considering changing to koni's. I like the dspecs but they ride awful on rough roads.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

I switched from D-Specs to Koni Yellows and would never go back, mainly because of the ride improvement on rough roads.

Quick Reply: D-Specs out and Koni Sports in. Thanks to Sam Strano