Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering.. Obviously.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Lowering.. Obviously.

Alright.. so I can't decide on what I want to put on my car. And I can't explain to someone how I want the car to handle and feel so how about this.. I list the parts I have looked at and you all give me some feed back of your personal experiences with the products. If your experiences tell you that I should add something to the list please tell me! or if you just foresee any issues with these products on the same vehicle together let me know.

Ford Racing K Springs

Tokico Rear Shock

Tokico Front Strut

J&M Rear Lower Control Arms

J&M Rear Upper Control Arms

J&M Panhard Bar

All of this on an 09 GT with these wheels and tires:
Bullitt Motorsport 18x9 Wheels and NITTO Extreme Performance NT555 255/45-18 Tires

P.S. Thank you for ANY and All insight. And I know some people say to go with "Koni Yellows" but I don't know their actual name and thus, can't find them.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Here you go for the Koni Yellows

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=64&ModelID=5

While you are on the web site you might want to look at some of his handling packages
Old 08-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Swoope

put some good shocks on it and go from there.

after that you might mention if you autox, strip race, road course or just daily drive.

if you just daily drive. well for the most part you are likely done!

beers
Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I forgot to mention the type of driving. It's a daily driver.

WOW!.. I thought the Koni Yellows would be more expensive but not that much.. unfortunately that is way out of my current price range. Maybe after I get it done and then upgrade later.

Does anyone have any suggestions for better shocks/struts than the Tokicos but cheaper, significantly cheaper, than the Konis? (Maybe Koni STR. T Series Damper Kit?)

Last edited by ZPounds07GT; 08-12-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Hold off.
Save MORE cash.
Then save some more.
Do mods ONCE.You will not regret doing it "Right" the first time.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah.. I usually have that type of mentality.. But I'm about to start back to school and won't be able to work as often so my income is about to drastically decrease. Making my savings go to about $50 a month.. and that's if I'm lucky.. car expenses and girlfriends don't go hand in hand unfortunately.. Lol. Not too mention speeding tickets.. So I would like to get this done before that changes. I'm kind of tossing around the idea of Strono's First Handling Package without all the other parts as most people seem to have a better ride than stock on just that alone.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Swoope

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
Yeah.. I usually have that type of mentality.. But I'm about to start back to school and won't be able to work as often so my income is about to drastically decrease. Making my savings go to about $50 a month.. and that's if I'm lucky.. car expenses and girlfriends don't go hand in hand unfortunately.. Lol. Not too mention speeding tickets.. So I would like to get this done before that changes. I'm kind of tossing around the idea of Strono's First Handling Package without all the other parts as most people seem to have a better ride than stock on just that alone.
call strano,

bet he says get shocks.

beers
Old 08-13-2011, 06:19 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
car expenses and girlfriends don't go hand in hand unfortunately..
that is why it's cheaper to buy car parts and just give money to the girl on the corner, same outcome less work involved
Old 08-13-2011, 08:32 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

The J&M parts are top notch and really work better than most of their competition. I don't like progressive springs. They promise the best of both but usually fail to deliver either ride or handling. Get the straight spring from Steeda.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by usc49erfan
that is why it's cheaper to buy car parts and just give money to the girl on the corner, same outcome less work involved
Haha. I somewhat agree with you. But see once you get into those girls you risk getting one or more lovely STDs. Lol.

I have seen a lot of posts from Strano and he usually tells people to get shocks as one of the first things and I have heard some negative things about progressive springs here recently that say they are unpredictable.

But I have also seen many of his customers getting his first handling package and everyone seems to love the springs. They are the Steeda Sport springs and even Koni shocks. I figure the best of both words without getting too much stuff that I MAY NOT even need.

What does everyone think of that?