Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

roush 5xr autox class

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
For the record, the 5XR doesn't have an adjustable suspension.

Production numbers for 2011 were just released this week from Roush (just over 600 total).

My understanding is that Roush Mustangs as a whole are what's counted for that. That being said, starting in the early 2000's Roush kicked out enough Mustangs collectively that they qualified for the 1,000 limit by year. At that point you could also special order one from almost any Ford dealer if you were willing to pay the related fees. So those cars tend to slip through the cracks of the rules.
o ok idk why i thought it had adjustable suspension. i guess looking at the strut towers i thought it looked like an adjustable ****

[QUOTE=gustav129;7679976]
Originally Posted by LilRoush
That being said, starting in the early 2000's Roush kicked out enough Mustangs collectively that they qualified for the 1,000 limit by year.

The SCCA made it's decision this month.....
great info!! thanks alot for posting that up there. that pretty much settles it lol
Old 09-07-2011, 11:36 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Looks like the rule is clear now.

Gustav, the numbers you posted for 2001 are only Stage 3 cars. The rest are the numbers for what Roush kicked out from Michigan - not all Roush serialized cars produced taht year.
Up until midway through 2002 Roush had contracted shops/dealers 'building' the Sport, Stage 1 and Stage 2 cars for them, and there are no accurate records to that point. My understanding is the only records are for car production numbers are the ones made at Roush. There are many more than what rolled off the line in Livona for early cars. Up through 2004, some places where still issuing serialized Roush cars as 'wing and wheel' packages and 'shaker' packages.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:48 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

when i hit the autocross the had shelby gt and all other stangs in FS, roush and GT500 cars were BS along with my boss. THEN they changed the boss to fracking AS.

As an aside someone mentioned noobs overpowering the autox course. Gulity! OMG i so over drove the course in my first time out. i did a track day (not the same as autox, but many of the basic skills transfer over) and i cant wait to go again to the autox with my new bag of tricks. lol funny thing was no one that had experience said anything to me lol. i guess they are used to noobs doing that. it would have bene nice if someone said, dude, slow down and you'll go faster
Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
when i hit the autocross the had shelby gt and all other stangs in FS, roush and GT500 cars were BS along with my boss. THEN they changed the boss to fracking AS.

As an aside someone mentioned noobs overpowering the autox course. Gulity! OMG i so over drove the course in my first time out. i did a track day (not the same as autox, but many of the basic skills transfer over) and i cant wait to go again to the autox with my new bag of tricks. lol funny thing was no one that had experience said anything to me lol. i guess they are used to noobs doing that. it would have bene nice if someone said, dude, slow down and you'll go faster
haha yea i saw that video. did you go to RRR this weekend?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
haha yea i saw that video. did you go to RRR this weekend?
nope i didnt make it, i am planning to go toe fun ford weekend in ennis