Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

BEST ALLSEASON TIRES?

Old 10-16-2011, 09:27 PM
MuellerJoseph

Question BEST ALLSEASON TIRES?

Need new tires but wanna keep it stock with 235/55/17. So which allseasons are the best?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Thats kind of like asking which Oil is best. Everybody's got their own opinion and most folks don't get to actually do comparison drives so they can only give feedback on what they have used.

For all season tires, according to TireRack the best one is the Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position. But unfortunately it doesn't look like they come in our stock size. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=147

The Continental Extreme Contact DWS does. As does the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. I have a set of the Continental Extreme Contact DW (the summer only version of the DWS) and am totally impressed with them. Especially in the rain, they are awesome.

But living in TX, why get all seasons? Snow is pretty rare (as is rain this past year). Why not go with a summer performance tire.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Houstons_Problem

I have the Continental Extreme Contact DWS and I think they are quitter and have better dry traction than the stock tires. I also think there is slightly less axle hop. The tires are slightly wider than stock.

In Houston, we get heavy rain, though not much this year. The tires have been good in the rain. Also, it's good to have an all season if you travel in the Mustang.

The Mustang is a GT after all and it makes a great travel car for two people.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs

A top-shelf tire. Consistently at or very close to top ranking in both Tire Rack's and Consumer Reports own evaluations. Way more cornering grip than the treadwear number suggests.

I have a set of them in 225/45-18 on 8" wide rims on my wife's Legacy 2.5GT (265 HP, 6-speed manual) and have been very pleased with them. Which reminds me, it's getting toward the time to put them back on for the winter.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-23-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:46 PM
DPHC13
1st Gear Member

I don't know if it;s "the best" but I picked up some Kumho Ecsta 4X's about 2 months ago and I couldn't be happier. Wet traction is superb and in the dry they are great. They a quiet and look good. The last thing I have to check out is how they handle in the snow... give me a month to report on that.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

If you are in need of some tires that size, let me know. I have a set of Dunlop SP Sport Signatures in 235/55-17 I need to get rid of as they don't fit anything I currently own!

They are perfect. You can't even tell they've been driven on in terms of wear, etc. They are about $130 each new without shipping, tax, etc, etc. I'll take $460 shipped and I can get pics if you want. They are my tires from my 2007 before I sold it.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:57 AM
rebus
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson

A top-shelf tire. Consistently at or very close to top ranking in both Tire Rack's and Consumer Reports own evaluations. Way more cornering grip than the treadwear number suggests.

I have a set of them in 225/45-18 on 8" wide rims on my wife's Legacy 2.5GT (265 HP, 6-speed manual) and have been very pleased with them. Which reminds me, it's getting toward the time to put them back on for the winter.

Norm
+ 1 I have been very happy with the Pilot Sports, 255 x 45 18's all around on 9.5 rims. Was going to go with the DSW's, until a friend talked me into the Michelins.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 AM
rebus
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson

Norm
+ 1, I have been very happy with the Pilot Sports, 255 x 45 18's all around on 9.5 rims. Was going to go with the DSW's, until a friend talked me into the Michelin's.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I just put some Pirelli P-zero's on mine. They are way quieter than the BF Goodrich's that I took off. We haven't had any rain since it's only been 2 days but I'm happy so far.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:25 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

https://mustangforums.com/forum/misc...61&prx_t=78351

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BEST ALLSEASON TIRES?