Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

FRPP P springs w/ STR.T...a good match?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Default FRPP P springs w/ STR.T...a good match?

Just got my P springs from AM in the mail yesterday and have been researching struts/shocks and came accross this deal...

http://www.trackspecmotorsports.com/...hock-kit1.html

Looks like a good deal with shipping and was just wondering if they would be a good match for me with the P's. Would I need anything else with this setup, as I plan to install myself with a bud? Also any forum feedback from ordering from this company would be great.
As far as my driving habits, my 08gt is a dd and I just romp around town from time to time...no track time with alittle aggresive driving on the local twisties.
Thanks in advance guys

UPDATED 2-29-12

I rec'd the koni's in two day's from ordering, in perfect shape (thanks john @ trackspecmotorsports) and got them installed yesterday with the frpp p springs. All went well with the install, and it handles very nice. Very pleased with the setup and would recommend to others looking for a slight drop for the DD. Headed in tomorrow for an alignment and hope everything is moderatly still in spec, I used gt500 strut mounts on the new setup and turned the arrows in toward the engine hoping to regain some camber lost from the drop...guess we will see what's up after the trip to the shop tomorrow.
Some crappy pic's for now...

Last edited by mayo; 02-29-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:37 PM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

Actually, what you could do is contact a forum sponsor, Sam Strano, and ask him. He sells the STR.T's for less than the kit you found, and when you buy from him you'll get a lot of good advice.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...199&ModelID=35
Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAJ
Actually, what you could do is contact a forum sponsor, Sam Strano, and ask him. He sells the STR.T's for less than the kit you found, and when you buy from him you'll get a lot of good advice.

Wrong
Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAJ

Am I missing something bro? Sam sells that setup for $411.00...we talking $349 shipped!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

That's the setup I'm running.

Since I don't have any prior experiences with any other spring/shocks combination, nor ridden on any mustang with suspension work, I can't really recommend you on what to get. From MY experience with this setup,
I feel it's a bit on the stiff side of ride quality, but it got rid of the floaty feeling at high speeds the stock suspension had. Car is sure-footed at all speeds, and in corners. Given 15k - 20k miles, I think I'm going to go with adjustables next. Tokico or the like...

(Disclaimer: PuertoRican roads are sh*t!)
Old 01-28-2012, 08:01 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Sam is great to deal with. I personally feel his advice/service is worth the price difference but I don't know what JAJ was talking about his pricing being cheaper. Pretty easy to verify that one with the link he supplied, lol. I won't do any business with anyone but Sam when it comes to suspension upgrades regardless of the price because of how he handles business and the advice he has to offer.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:13 PM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uin2it
Wrong
Oops - sorry. Misread the prices and thought Sam was cheaper.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:39 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Hey Mayo, post up some before and after pics! I've heard nothing but good things about the str.t's.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:18 PM
GAZRNR

I have the P springs, Koni STR.T's, GT500 upper mounts and J&M adjustable panhard bar. Point the arrows on the GT500 mounts toward the engine to gain back some camber. Then all you will need is an alignment. This is a good combination for a street car/daily driver. I am very happy with the results and my not add swaybars as I had planned to do later this year.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

That price isn't correct at current levels. For a while when they were on sale I also had them @ $349 just so you know. And if you check my pricing vs. others you'll see I'm very price competitive.

The fact is they aren't allowed to advertise for that, and in fact because there is no sale on currently it's a violation of Koni policy, and that hurts good vendors like me who are on boards like this trying to help.

Can I do $349/shipped? No way, that'd lose me money (I'm serious). What I can do is offer you competitive, valid pricing (they may honor that, but I sure can't). This has happened before. A company for almost a year didn't understand the Koni pricing, and a particular car's shocks came as pairs in a box, but the price was per shock. They didn't know it. And sold them for literally half. And drove themselves out of business. I can't afford to do that.

Quick Reply: FRPP P springs w/ STR.T...a good match?