Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Track weekend.... again.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moochman4life
Chef, the first thing I thought of a few days ago when I first read this was how much I hate "you people". That's right: as in you people who are able to get to the track in the middle of winter!

I'm with Sleeper. Withdrawal here, too. NFS: The Run just isn't cutting it anymore.
Lol... Just keep in mind that I likely have to replace break pads and tires at least twice as much. It's quite the double edged sword
Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Quicker10u

Impressive. With Roebling being in my Backyard, I might see you out there sometime. Now I can't promise I'll be keeping up, but at least I'll look good when you pass me.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
Lol... Just keep in mind that I likely have to replace break pads and tires at least twice as much. It's quite the double edged sword
Dude, I guarantee there are a number of "us people" who would gladly trade that to get to the track with "you people".
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Quicker10u
Impressive. With Roebling being in my Backyard, I might see you out there sometime. Now I can't promise I'll be keeping up, but at least I'll look good when you pass me.
Haha. Well I usually run with the PCA and on rare occasion go with Darkside. If you're in white group you'll be out there with me.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Dude, I guarantee there are a number of "us people" who would gladly trade that to get to the track with "you people".
Then by all means come on down! Instead of a Christmas vacation come down for a track day! Worth it. Especially at barber
Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Then by all means come on down! Instead of a Christmas vacation come down for a track day! Worth it. Especially at barber
Too many variables working against me lol. I'd have to find a trailer to lug my track wheels/tires (I have hoosier scrubs) and other crap, because there is no way I'm travelling that far (from northern VA) with all my gear AND track wheels/tires in the cabin. Thanks, though. Sleeper put it best: I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys until it's time to get back out there.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Too many variables working against me lol. I'd have to find a trailer to lug my track wheels/tires (I have hoosier scrubs) and other crap, because there is no way I'm travelling that far (from northern VA) with all my gear AND track wheels/tires in the cabin. Thanks, though. Sleeper put it best: I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys until it's time to get back out there.
lol, i just drove to Alexandria,VA and back from northern Florida. It was not the most fun drive ever (roads in the carolinas are terrible for a car with an aftermarket suspension).
Old 02-07-2012, 09:48 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

LOL, I live on the border of Alexandria (Springfield). I feel for you, bro.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

LOL, I live on the border of Alexandria (Springfield). I feel for you, bro.
Man, i grew up by there. we used to live in the Mt. Vernon area and every sunday we would go to springfield and eat at the Bertuccis there.

good times.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 PM
yankeehick5.0
1st Gear Member

Yup, Roebling road just outside of savannah. i just signed up for a mid-april DE yesterday so we may be running at the same weekend.

i'm not really a first timer (5 years now) but i'm at about 500 HP. no straight line runs yet.
Really? Only 500 hp with a supercharger? I figured I was around 475 hp with race tune/intake and a borla exhaust. Does this sound about right to you? I haven't done a dyno run yet, but it's gotta be +50 horsepower with the tune and intake I assume. Do you have an 11 GT?

Quick Reply: Track weekend.... again.