Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Thinking of Steeda sport springs with tokiko d specs

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

The Koni's appear to be considered the best by most people. The str.t's are like the Koni Yellows on full soft.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 AM
jlwdvm
1st Gear Member

I just did this to my 2011 GT after considering trading off on a Boss 302:
Steeda HD upper mounts (bought a set of pre-2010 upper mounts from Rock Auto to get the rubber isolator)
Steeda Sport springs (dropped the front exactly 1")
Koni Yellows
Brembo BBK with Ford brake cooling duct kit
Motul 600 brake fluid
Boss front fascia and splitter
Strano adjustable front and rear sway bars
AM tune, C&L CAI
Took it out the other day to shake it down a little and bed the brakes in. No squeeks, clunks, groans, moans, vibrations, etc. I had the shocks dialed to full stiff and you could tell, but that is to be expected. I'm gonna need a new seat with more support! All of the suspension was purchased from Strano Motorsports. American Muscle for the rest. Cheaper than buying a Boss!

Last edited by jlwdvm; 02-21-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

nice^ do you have any pics?

Im leaning toward the koni sport dampers and steeda sport springs also atm. I wouldnt have the konis on the hardest setting though.

I probably wont do anything with the brakes.

I wonder if your suspension setup is actually better than a boss currently. next mods boss 302 intake and boss 302 rims with good tires when you need them?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Andy13186
Stranoparts.com says to use the 2005+ upper strut mounts if i am using aftermarket struts (since all aftermarket struts were originally designed for the 2005+ mustangs so far)

heres the mounts i think i will need

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...224&ModelID=35

Its pretty confusing and hard to know what will really work. Im currently thinking that these mounts ^

with bilstein HD's :

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...199&ModelID=35

and Steeda sport springs :

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...205&ModelID=35

Would all work together for my 2011. steedabrandon could you confirm?

Also, anyone have thoughts on bilstein hd's vs koni str.t's or tokikos? Ive got the feeling they are superior performing based on what ive read.
Sent you a PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 PM
jlwdvm
1st Gear Member

I will have before and after pics up soon. I already have GT500 19"wheels and Goodyear Super Car tires. I have no desire to get the Boss intake at the moment. Probably just go to a super charger if I don't eventually get a GT500.

Last edited by jlwdvm; 02-21-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jlwdvm
I will have before and after pics up soon. I already have GT500 19"wheels and Goodyear Super Car tires. I have no desire to get the Boss intake at the moment. Probably just go to a super charger if I don't eventually get a GT500.
probably a perfect setup for the street allready

are you leaving the konis on full hard though?

Last edited by Andy13186; 02-21-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

I tried the Koni's on full hard on a relatively smooth track.

After 1 lap I pitted and put them back to my normal track setting of 1 turn from full hard on the front and 1/2 turn from full hard at the rear.

I can't imagine driving them at full hard on the street - especially if your roads are anything like the ones around here.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Happy to help if you want to call. I'm a full line Steeda dealer, so I can supply anything they have that we would want to use. But, I also do other parts on my own and from other companies. I like to use what I feel works best, not big on the whole use the same brand thing just because the name matches. I have my reasons, I'm not shy about explaining them.

I'd never recommend anyone run the Koni Sports @ full stiff on the street, I didn't run mine there....
Old 02-21-2012, 04:53 PM
jlwdvm
1st Gear Member

I set them 1/4 turn from full hard just to see how they felt on the roads around here. Not unbearable I think, and fun dodging road kill! One thing I did notice with my rear bar was that when it was on the #1 hole setting the bar would have hit my Corsa Extreme mufflers (the pipe that enters the muffler). I set them on the middle hole in the rear, and the front bar is in the middle hole as well. From my limited time in the car so far, it seems to want to oversteer a little, rather than understeer. Anybody know how I post pix?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jlwdvm
I set them 1/4 turn from full hard just to see how they felt on the roads around here. Not unbearable I think, and fun dodging road kill! One thing I did notice with my rear bar was that when it was on the #1 hole setting the bar would have hit my Corsa Extreme mufflers (the pipe that enters the muffler). I set them on the middle hole in the rear, and the front bar is in the middle hole as well. From my limited time in the car so far, it seems to want to oversteer a little, rather than understeer. Anybody know how I post pix?
to post pics, you can upload the image file to an online image hosting site like imageshack or photobucket then post the link here. I think theres also a way to attach pics to your post with the "manage attachments" button.

Im hesitating a bit on the koni str t shocks because they sound like they are soft and simular to stock. I want the new shocks to be abit more performance oriented without being too harsh though. Not sure how the konis with steeda springs would compare to the full steeda setup.

The only thing holding me back from koni sports and the steeda springs is that the konis cant be adjusted while they are on the car..

Last edited by Andy13186; 02-22-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Steeda sport springs with tokiko d specs