Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

What do you think of this chassis brace??

Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Default What do you think of this chassis brace??

I have a good deal of suspension change outs on my car already, but I was told by a vendor(of course) that this brace really makes a difference in front end behavior.

What do all of you think?? I was told this(type of) brace is now a part the 2011 model in it's stock form because of how important it is.

Please let me know what you think, here's the link. Thanks, Erik

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...A&Featured=Yes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

It ties the radiator support to the K member. Since it is about 6 inches lower than the frame itself it does have the geometry to stiffen the attachment points for the sway bar. So as forces are applied to the sway bar the radiator support will flex less. The Boss has an extra bar there they call it a Z brace. I think Whiteline is the manufacturer.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=KSB726

Last edited by 908ssp; 03-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Thanks a lot 909ssp, I have all the other basic suspension replacements offered through Steeda, H&R, as well as all the chassis stiffening and support pieces generally available plus some weight loss as well.

These include:

Saleen Springs (06' model type 1" lowering)
Tokico Adjustable dampers
H&R sway bars(front adjustable)
Steeda front sway bar braces
Steeda Billit LCA's * lighter than stock
Techco Watts Link( 1" lowering roll center design) * lighter than stock pan hard set up
Steeda Billit adjustable STB(upper strut support)
Steeda G-trac Bar(lower strut support)
Steeda Shock tower brace
Steeda rear triangulated dual light weight poly chromide chassis support braces(welded)
Steeda front LCA re-location kit, X-5 ball joints, bump-steer kit.

I also have some weight loss: 1 piece drive shaft, Alum. flywheel, shorty headers,

I plan on further weight loss:

UPR K-member, lighter non-tubuar front LCA's, Steeda radiator support, relocate battery to rear with lighter Odessa battery, lighter wheels. 135 lbs weight savings in the front.

That's the schmoogy so far, Erik

Erik

Last edited by eolson; 03-09-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Campo 427R
1st Gear Member

http://www.pedders.com.au/news/1/article76?search=
Hot Rod Magazine article, "Pony Car Showdown"
This chasis brace greatly improves sterring feel.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM
ModMe
1st Gear Member

Ford usually only adds stuff if it actually works....good example is the G-trac brace they started using based on aftermarket stuff. If it is good enough for the Boss then I am in.

Does anyone know if this brace will work with Steeda's aftermarket lightweight radiator support with sway bar mounts????
Old 04-13-2012, 03:50 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Good question, I might call Steeda again to see if there would be any conflicts with my other front parts. Erik
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Hey Erik!
Hope everything is going well with you, its been a long time since we last spoke when I was working at Saleen. I'm glad you have found your way to some of Whiteline's Mustang offerings, I think you will find that our chassis brace is a very simple and effective way of adding some rigidity to the front end of the car.

Keep an eye out in the next few weeks as we have some pretty great products being added to the mix, including a pretty awesome new Watts Linkage (I know you have used afew of em!).
Old 04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
Thanks a lot 909ssp, I have all the other basic suspension replacements offered through Steeda, H&R, as well as all the chassis stiffening and support pieces generally available plus some weight loss as well.

These include:

Saleen Springs (06' model type 1" lowering)
Tokico Adjustable dampers
H&R sway bars(front adjustable)
Steeda front sway bar braces
Steeda Billit LCA's * lighter than stock
Techco Watts Link( 1" lowering roll center design) * lighter than stock pan hard set up
Steeda Billit adjustable STB(upper strut support)
Steeda G-trac Bar(lower strut support)
Steeda Shock tower brace
Steeda rear triangulated dual light weight poly chromide chassis support braces(welded)
Steeda front LCA re-location kit, X-5 ball joints, bump-steer kit.

I also have some weight loss: 1 piece drive shaft, Alum. flywheel, shorty headers,

I plan on further weight loss:

UPR K-member, lighter non-tubuar front LCA's, Steeda radiator support, relocate battery to rear with lighter Odessa battery, lighter wheels. 135 lbs weight savings in the front.

That's the schmoogy so far, Erik

Erik
Thats one hell of a setup lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:44 PM
golkhl

ModMe: Whiteline brace KSB726 cannot be installed if you have the Steeda lightweight radiator support. The install brackets interfere with the Steeda tubular bar, and the rear mounting holes don't line up. I have a post on S197.com with more info. and some pictures.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:19 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

The 9lb savings of the Steeda radiator support vs. better front end response, hmmmmmm I think I'll take the chassis stiffening brace. Erik

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think of this chassis brace??