Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Looking for suspension / lowering advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Frustration
Brandon, do you have a "package" that is preset with the springs and bouncers? link?
Left you a visitor message.

Last edited by SteedaBrandon; 04-06-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by S197 650
Is there any way you can get the specifications from your supplier?

I'm seriously considering these over Hotchkis & Sportlines, but I'm not going to spend my money on mystery spring rates. Making these spring rates public might also help you sell a lot more of these springs to the community.
Front: 173-248lb/in
Rear: 195-236lb/in

Sorry I didn't have the information earlier. I've never been asked this question before. You're right though, we should add that to our website.

Ironically, you know where I found the spring rate? Right here on MF.com in this thread: https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...g-allowed.html (there is also a similar thread on allfordmustangs)

It is a very useful thread, and I recommend it to anyone that is interested in comparing the rates of the most popular lowering spring options.

For the record, our springs spec out the same as Eibach Pro-kit springs, as do FRPP M-2300-K springs and the Roush Dub edition springs, from what I'm told. Eibach makes all of them. I'd wager that this spring set is the most commonly used lowering spring kit on the market.

Originally Posted by Entaille
I suggest my products but I can't answer your question about them. I can tell you I enjoy them. Give me your money. thanks.
Seriously?

I already told him our springs are made by Eibach to the same specifications as the Pro Kit. You can hardly go anywhere without seeing an S197 on Pro Kits and Eibach doesn't list the spring rates on their site.

You act as if my personal opinion of the springs on my own vehicle is irrelevant to the discussion. Isn't that what technical threads on message boards are for? Everyone shares their own experience or opinion?

Originally Posted by Whiskey11
What's wrong with Steeda Sports? 225 lbs/in front and 175 lbs/in rear. Linear rate (rather than bi-linear). Yes, mild drop (1" front 1.25"-1.5" rear) but well worth it IMO. No mystery spring rates.
Originally Posted by S197 650
Nothing at all wrong with the Steeda Sports (the pics in the post above look great.)

225 / 175 doesn't sound very stiff, but it would stiffen up the front of my car a bit (131/167). Eibach Pro-Kit does provide the rates I'd prefer (159/193), but not quite the drop I'm looking for.

If UPR Pro has the right specs to slot in between the Steeda Sports and Pro-kits, that's where my money would probably go. Just exploring all my options is all
I had the Steeda Sports on my car before the UPR/Eibach Pros. The ride quality on Steeda Sports is closer to stock than the Pro Kits. The UPR/Eibach Pros sacrificed a tiny bit of ride quality, but they are about 1/2" lower than the Steeda Sports and I like the lower look. As for the difference in handling, I didn't A-B test them on a road course, but the Pro Kit springs seem to corner at least as well as the Sports. The biggest difference I noticed was that the balance shifted to more front grip with the UPR/Eibach Pros. I'd attribute this difference to the stiffer rear springs in the Eibach kit and the increased negative camber on the front end.

[FULL DISCLOSURE] Steeda makes a good product and they're good guys. They make springs which are lower than the Sports, but I only have experience with their Sport springs on my car.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:37 PM
S197 650
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Front: 173-248lb/in
Rear: 195-236lb/in

Sorry I didn't have the information earlier. I've never been asked this question before. You're right though, we should add that to our website.

Ironically, you know where I found the spring rate? Right here on MF.com in this thread: https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...g-allowed.html (there is also a similar thread on allfordmustangs)

It is a very useful thread, and I recommend it to anyone that is interested in comparing the rates of the most popular lowering spring options.

For the record, our springs spec out the same as Eibach Pro-kit springs, as do FRPP M-2300-K springs and the Roush Dub edition springs, from what I'm told. Eibach makes all of them. I'd wager that this spring set is the most commonly used lowering spring kit on the market.

Seriously?

I already told him our springs are made by Eibach to the same specifications as the Pro Kit. You can hardly go anywhere without seeing an S197 on Pro Kits and Eibach doesn't list the spring rates on their site.

You act as if my personal opinion of the springs on my own vehicle is irrelevant to the discussion. Isn't that what technical threads on message boards are for? Everyone shares their own experience or opinion?

I had the Steeda Sports on my car before the UPR/Eibach Pros. The ride quality on Steeda Sports is closer to stock than the Pro Kits. The UPR/Eibach Pros sacrificed a tiny bit of ride quality, but they are about 1/2" lower than the Steeda Sports and I like the lower look. As for the difference in handling, I didn't A-B test them on a road course, but the Pro Kit springs seem to corner at least as well as the Sports. The biggest difference I noticed was that the balance shifted to more front grip with the UPR/Eibach Pros. I'd attribute this difference to the stiffer rear springs in the Eibach kit and the increased negative camber on the front end.

[FULL DISCLOSURE] Steeda makes a good product and they're good guys. They make springs which are lower than the Sports, but I only have experience with their Sport springs on my car.
Thanks for providing us with all this information.

I'm confused by the fact that Eibach advertises a 1"/1.5" drop and UPR advertises a 1.4"/1.5" drop (both for GT). If they're the same exact spring, what's the difference?