Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Which Lowering Springs??

Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Thundercloud

Default Which Lowering Springs??

Which Springs, Ford Racing K or Eibach Pro???
Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Steeda Sports seem to have the biggest following, esp with Strano sways, Steeda HD camber plates, and Koni Sport struts
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

You should probably indicate what your intentions are, e.g. street/strip, autocross, etc. What mods do you have now? All this could help someone who knows more than I to make a recommendation.

Don
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Talk to Sam Strano, he sells all of them and plays with them too. And did I mention that he's an AutoX GOD?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Campo 427R
1st Gear Member

What are you looking to to do with your car?
Are the springs to lower the stance of a daily driver? Do you track at all?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:50 AM
goodfellow55

If it's a show car I would go with the Eibach Pro kit. I'm using Steeda Sport springs on my car, I use it as a daily driver, and track car. The Steeda springs work extremely well, however, if you're looking for track focused springs, I would go with Steedas racing tuned springs. Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 AM
S197 650
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thundercloud
FYI, AmericanMuscle states that you can't directly bolt these on to a '11-'12 without different strut mounts / dampers.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/fr-2005-k-springs.html

This was a deal breaker for me, the 1.5"/1.5" drop looks nice.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thundercloud
I'm running the UPR Pro Series springs on my car. They are made for us by Eibach and they spec out the same as Eibach Pro Kit springs. I really like them. The drop looks great, the ride quality is reasonable (progressive rate springs), and they handle well.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I think the UPR/Eibach springs are the best combination of all attributes. In other words, you could go lower for better looks, but it wouldn't ride as smoothly. You could go stiffer for better handling, but it wouldn't ride as smoothly. You could stay stock, but you're missing out on improved looks and handling.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-05.html
Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 PM
S197 650
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
I'm running the UPR Pro Series springs on my car. They are made for us by Eibach and they spec out the same as Eibach Pro Kit springs. I really like them. The drop looks great, the ride quality is reasonable (progressive rate springs), and they handle well.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I think the UPR/Eibach springs are the best combination of all attributes. In other words, you could go lower for better looks, but it wouldn't ride as smoothly. You could go stiffer for better handling, but it wouldn't ride as smoothly. You could stay stock, but you're missing out on improved looks and handling.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-05.html
By "spec out", do you mean they feature the same spring rates as the Eibach Pro Kit springs (159 lb / 193 lb)?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Thundercloud

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that the main reason I would like to lower it is for the look, I just got the car, about 6 weeks ago, and at the moment don't plan to do anything more than just drive it but I guess I could possibly do some road course type stuff at some point. This is my first Mustang, not my first muscle car though. Just wondering what you guys with more experience with these cars recommend is all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Lowering Springs??