Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Local dealer won't install Steeda Springs....

Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tjr1973
That is a good question safety. I was going to have it set to stock specs when I get everything aligned....

Is that correct? I'm not doing autocross or anything like that. It's not even daily driver. I just don't want my tires wearing weird or anything. I have staggered wheels and tires and can't rotate them.

Anyone answer that?
If you're not going to be doing much driving in anger, then stock specs are fine. If you like to rip along the occasional mountain road, take on-ramp cloverleafs fast, etc, I'd say having 0 toe and some extra negative camber would enhance the driving experience. Keep an eye on tire wear though, if the inside shoulders are wearing prematurely, take some camber out.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 PM
tjr1973
1st Gear Member

Thanks Parchisi...will set them at stock for now I think.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Whiskey11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by safetyfastgt
What specs did you go with? Strano recommended I go with 1.5 neg camber and 0 toe as a decent all around set up. I hope that doesn't eat my tires too fast.

I borrowed a spring compressor from o'reilley as well. $55 deposit that I got back when I returned the tool.
Well I told them give me the max they can and keep it equal at both sides. When I brought it in the right was at -2.0 degrees and the left was at -1.6 degrees, toe came out +.09 on the left and -.09 on the right for 0 total toe (but with a tenth degree of steer ahead).

After, they gave me -1.5 on the left, -1.6 on the right for camber with 0 toe. The tenth degree low on the left accounts for the difference in their "dummy weight" driver and me. If I ever go to coilovers and proper camber plates I will be happy to take it back to them. They do corner balancing, and full alignment for about $125 if it doesn't take too long, or $200 if it does. Not too bad. I also know two of the folks that work on the team so I know I can trust them to do quality work.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

Call the dealer back and thank them for making you realize the huge mistake you almost made by having the dealer install your parts and also for not bending you over and charging who knows what for the labor on that install.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by tjr1973
Just had a call in to my local Ford Dealer about installing my steeda springs, hd strut mounts, panhard bar and tokico shocks and struts. Took them 24 hours to call me back and then they stated they wouldn't install aftermarket parts....

You guys ever hear of this? Guess I'll just do it myself after all lol.

They do install Roush suspension there....I thought that was aftermarket too...
You've already decided what you want to do but your dealer is probably only authorized for Roush parts, not the other brands.

It makes any type of warranty or labor claim a bitch to deal with since they would not be considered a Steeda authorized installer or Tokico. If you read the warranty fine print, most Aftermarket part mfg don't cover the cost of labor in the event of part failure unless it's installed by an authorized dealer/installer.

Dealer by my house is authorized for Steeda, Roush, and FRPP. If they do install any other brands, they have you sign a waiver that states "No expressed or implied warranty on labor or performance of part..." meaning, they wipe their hands clean if there are any problems that go beyond explicit negligence (i.e. they don't tighten the bolts).
Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 PM
tjr1973
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
You've already decided what you want to do but your dealer is probably only authorized for Roush parts, not the other brands.

It makes any type of warranty or labor claim a bitch to deal with since they would not be considered a Steeda authorized installer or Tokico. If you read the warranty fine print, most Aftermarket part mfg don't cover the cost of labor in the event of part failure unless it's installed by an authorized dealer/installer.

Dealer by my house is authorized for Steeda, Roush, and FRPP. If they do install any other brands, they have you sign a waiver that states "No expressed or implied warranty on labor or performance of part..." meaning, they wipe their hands clean if there are any problems that go beyond explicit negligence (i.e. they don't tighten the bolts).

I wouldn't expect any sort of warranty on the parts due to the fact that I've already purchased them. The only warranty I would expect from them in a case like this would have been for the quality of their work.