Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

302 Boss springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 PM
SilverHoss
1st Gear Member

Default 302 Boss springs

Amyone know where I can order the Boss front and rear coil springs from?
thanx

Last edited by SilverHoss; 06-24-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: spell error
Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

http://www.performancepartsinc.com/s...ion_05_09.html

Got about 7/8" drop in the front, nothing in the rear. Kind of bouncy without the right shock dampening, probably best to change the shocks with the springs. Handling is much better though.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I'd suggest if you, for whatever reason, want to run the boss springs you do so only in the front.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
corruptor

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'd suggest if you, for whatever reason, want to run the boss springs you do so only in the front.
What makes you say that?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Because I want stiffer front springs, not stiffer rears. In fact that's why aftermarket springs help the balance and handling so much, they all increase the front rate to be at least equal to, and almost always higher than the rear rates. Ford rates, all of them, are stiffer in the back than the front.

Boss front/GT rears are a balance more to my liking.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:35 AM
SilverHoss
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Because I want stiffer front springs, not stiffer rears. In fact that's why aftermarket springs help the balance and handling so much, they all increase the front rate to be at least equal to, and almost always higher than the rear rates. Ford rates, all of them, are stiffer in the back than the front.

Boss front/GT rears are a balance more to my liking.
Or how about this : Boss front/55D spring kit springs (retains same rate as Brembo pkg rears, but lowers 1/2")
http://www.route66speedshop.com/

That would give an even dro bewteen front/rear and softer rear rates then the Boss rear springs give.
The idea here is I want avery slight drop, with slightly higher rate, and the Boss springs lower only 11mm according to Ford. I don't want to drop 1 to 1.5" like most all lowering springs sold. And also the changes in susp, geometry and the corrections you have to do tat go along with that (camber plates/bolts, etc.)
I for one think the Mustang does not sit that high like most folks seem o feel..
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Actually the front dropped about 7/8 when i installed mine. But yeah the rear stayed exactly where it was.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 PM
SilverHoss
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Actually the front dropped about 7/8 when i installed mine. But yeah the rear stayed exactly where it was.
Wow, looks like Ford's 11mm is a little off! Are you likng the Boss springs, and did you to do some camber correction due to the drop up front?

thnx
Old 12-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

There are better springs for the same price as the Boss/Brembo.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:06 PM
SilverHoss
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
There are better springs for the same price as the Boss/Brembo.
Yes, I know but agin I want minimum drop. Nobody sells aftermarket springs with < 1in. drop. Maybe Vogtland, but theirs is near an inch too.
So I figured, throw on some boss springs, or if I knew where to get 'em, Brembo pkg springs.
Just a small drop, and should not need any other mods such as camber plates or bolts, and adj. phb in the back. So that was my original thinking.

Now find that the problem is, the boss rear springs have I think 186 lb/in rate, which is rather high and also give 1mm, if any drop at all . And also hearing boss springs drop the front more than I thought, like 7/8". So much for a simple plan!

Brembo springs might be an option if I knew where to get em. They are slightly stiffer with min. drop. But I've searched the web over, found nuttin'.
Might just stick with stock springs. Got STR.T's on order. Maybe get some good sways and be done with it. Really don't want to lower unless it is very slight, for many of my own reasons. I could list those reasons here, but it'd mak for a very long post.

Quick Reply: 302 Boss springs