Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

My stang's first suspension mods!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

Default My stang's first suspension mods!

Hey everyone, today im anxiously waiting for my springs to get here, so in the mean time I want to make a quick log of what's goin into the car tonight!

First thing is a shiny new set of koni red's -errr or actually oranges? oh well i'm gonna roll with it.

going on top of these are a set of ford racing lowering springs that I will take a picture of for you guys once I'm out of class and the nice UPS man leaves the box at my house.

I will update you guys in a few hours, I'm going to try to get back to paying attention in philosophy class now. yeah right, too excited!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by conor1148
Hey everyone, today im anxiously waiting for my springs to get here, so in the mean time I want to make a quick log of what's goin into the car tonight!

First thing is a shiny new set of koni red's -errr or actually oranges? oh well i'm gonna roll with it.

going on top of these are a set of ford racing lowering springs that I will take a picture of for you guys once I'm out of class and the nice UPS man leaves the box at my house.

I will update you guys in a few hours, I'm going to try to get back to paying attention in philosophy class now. yeah right, too excited!

That's a good start. I have Konis on my car too. Did you order an adjustable panhard bar for use with the lowering springs? I have a UPR adjustable panhard bar on my car and it works great.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...rd-bar-05.html
Old 07-04-2012, 09:42 AM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

Sorry i never updated, I didn't figure there was any interest in my rinky-dink spring install afterall.

I have not yet got the panhard bar, should that be next? I was thinking about sway bars next since I don't have one in the rear.

Also, I wish I could show you guys some nice pictures of it being finished, but it seems the rear strut mounts in the trunk are forged of pure human frustration, and I can't get it out without a impact wrench which I don't have, and I don't have car friends to borrow one from. everything is installed except for the rear shocks, I'll still have the stockers in there till i figure things out, and I'm afraid to drive it like this.

I haven't driven my car in 3 days and it SUCKS

heres the springs though, I'm going back to the garage to curse more and try to figure something out. mostly curse.

Last edited by conor1148; 07-04-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

What year /model is your Mustang?
Where do you live? Maybe someone will help you out with a tool if they are close?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
pc_647f
1st Gear Member

By the looks of it, he's got an 05+. There's also auto parts stores that rent equipment, give that a try if no ones close.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

my mustang is an almost bone-stock 2007 sixxer
and I decided to just bite the bullet and pick up an electric impact wrench, why didnt I already have one of these? It's AWESOME! hahah

I'm on my shop computer so I'll put pics up once i get inside and can get to my camera cable! i should be done in the next hour.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:15 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Nice Set up.. Im waiting for my rear shocks, Springs, and panhard Bar to come in so i can lower my ride as well.. Those Konis look great by the Way..
Old 07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Nice Set up.. Im waiting for my rear shocks, Springs, and panhard Bar to come in so i can lower my ride as well.. Those Konis look great by the Way..
thanks! The Konis were an absolute bargain, at $350 I couldn't resist. Your ride will look pretty baddass when you're done, i think the 2010+ get the most dramatic looks improvement from lowering springs.

in other news...

It's done!

I just got back from giving it a quick spin around some twisty back roads near me, and I'm amazed. it's like a totally different car! It feels more solid and connected.

So what should I get now?

Last edited by conor1148; 07-04-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:43 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Thanks. The Stang Looks very smooth now bro. So you have a CAI and Tuner??? If not, that would be a buy you will be impressed with...
Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

A K&N intake was given to me as a gift about 3 years ago, I installed it but I just haven't got around to getting the tuner yet. I sort of forgot about the tuner since I've been so hesitant to get anything for the engine since I'm considering picking up a wrecked GT in the next year or so and doing a drivetrain swap. But I would be able to reuse a tuner on the 4.6 right?

Quick Reply: My stang's first suspension mods!