Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Anti-Dive Kit

Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 PM
FauxShelby
Banned

Default Anti-Dive Kit

Hi All,
I monitor this site all the time but have never posted until now. I'm a PR and marketing/Ad rep as well as an avid Mustang enthusiast, author and automotive Journalist. One of my clients is Global Performance Parts who is the exclusive distributor for Whiteline Suspension. They make an anti-dive kit that replaces the factory control arm bushing on S197 Mustangs. I'm curious to know if anyone has heard of this product before and if you have any comments or questions about it.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Looks like it just replaces the front A-Arm hydra-bushings. Steeda sells a bushing kit that essentially does the exact same thing for less than a third of the price and is one of the most respected companies when it comes to Mustang suspension. I might be willing to give it a try if it was about $100. The only difference is that the White Line product offers caster adjustment and the Steeda has 2 different bushings that you can choose from depending on how much response and NVH you want. I doubt that you guys will sell much, if any, as long as you're trying to get $380 for em.

Last edited by Texotic; 04-30-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:28 PM
FauxShelby
Banned

Texotic,
Thanks for your feedback. It's much appreciated. I've discussed the price issue with Whiteline and they're considering a change. One of the things we need to get across is that the Whiteline Anti-Dive kit doesn't cause any noise problems. Steeda mentions that the bushing kit can generate some noise. I'm assuming urethane squeak? Steeda's other bushing kit is similar to the Whiteline but has a smaller diameter bushing and is intended for race applications only and no caster adjustment. Currently, 5.0 Mustangs is doing an install which should be out in the September 09 issue and we're interested to see how they liked it. We may also be willing to let one or two MustangForum members try one out if anyone is interested.

Last edited by FauxShelby; 04-30-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

I had a set of Whiteline bushings like these on my prior car, a Subaru WRX. The bushings were marketed as a solution to limit nose dive during braking and rear end squat on acceleration. The increase in NVH and road noise was slight, but not unbearable. I would assume they would do the same thing on the Mustang. Those looking to drag race probably wouldn't be interested in these because of the anti-squat. I have been interested in trying these to reduce nose dive in braking and to pick up more caster to improve turn in and on center tracking. I didn't realize they were so expensive though... I'd be interested in trying a set out.

Blair
Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
FauxShelby
Banned

Thanks Blair,
Since you were the first to reply, I'll check on getting you a kit to try. Please send me an email with your information. Whiteline does make a huge line of suspension components for Subaru, Mitsubishi, Porsche and more. This is their first run in the Domestic car market. They liked the Mustang platform more than any other. With your permission, I can post an install article that can give everyone an idea of how its installed.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I'd be up for trying out the kit. I'm not sure the noise that steeda claims from a urethane squeak, I would assume it's just more road noise being transferred to the frame from the use of a stiffer bushing. When you look at their kit, they say that if you choose the black bushing instead of the red one, you get a lot more noise (due to it being a stiffer bushing). That leads me to believe that the noise they are talking about is actually just extra NVH that would have been eliminated by the hydra-bushing.

I would say that a tech article shouldn't be a problem. This is a tech section after all.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

FauxShelby I sent you a PM.

Will Whiteline be offering a softer street oriented durometer on the bushings? I remember with the subarus they had hard yellow bushes that had more NVH and softer black street bushes. You could order the kit with either of the bushings. That might help alleviate the concerns some may have about noise.

Blair
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

If you're looking into possibly sending a couple sets out for trials to members, and you're looking for any feedback from someone with a fully stock suspension, I'd love to give you guys a hand. As much as I'd have loved to start doing some things to the car to, real life always seems to get in the way somehow.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to find cars that haven't had the suspension modified in some way for you guys. So, if it's something that would help you out, I'd be plenty willing to.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

I'm using the Steeda front A-arm bushing kit with the harder rubber insert.

The Steeda kit compresses the stock hydra cushion bushing. There's no squeak, but maybe a slight increase in road vibration. Not a big deal to me since I'm already running H&R Supersports and D-specs set fairly stiff. I have Eibach swaybars set on the stiffest setting for the front as well.

Car still has dive on braking, which bothers the heck out of me. I had figured that it was the best that could be done with the s197.

It would be awesome if there was a fix for it.

I'd be up for comparing the Whiteline to the Steeda's that I'm running now.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:57 PM
houstonnw
2nd Gear Member

I would like to see the tech paper on this. I've been to the website and can't understand where the anti-dive comes from. It seems that it is only due to that fact that the bushing doesn't deform?

-Wayne

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anti-Dive Kit