Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Ford Racing package vs Eibach package

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Phoenix335
Hi Sam,
Are the rear Koni sports externally adjustable? I will be up at the Hershey event at the end of Oct and will find you to talk about options for my new ride. Larry C told my you can get me set up.

Thanks much
Well, Norm beat me to it.. Yes they are externally adjustable, and it takes but seconds.

I won't be in Hershey at the end of the month. I'm going to Blyteville Arkansas for the Tri-State/Evo Shootout. But you can call me! I helped Larry get his Cobra better sorted, and I'm about to help him with that Z06 he is driving too.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Phoenix335

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
The adjusters are accessible through the trunk. All you have to do is pull back the carpeting to get at the tops of the shocks.

You can make a better adjusting tool than the plastic ***** that Koni ships with their shocks and struts.

Norm
Thanks for the info. This is good to hear...i didn't buy them for my 335 b/c you had to remove the rears to make the adjustment.

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Well, Norm beat me to it.. Yes they are externally adjustable, and it takes but seconds.

I won't be in Hershey at the end of the month. I'm going to Blyteville Arkansas for the Tri-State/Evo Shootout. But you can call me! I helped Larry get his Cobra better sorted, and I'm about to help him with that Z06 he is driving too.
I'll be sure to give you a call over the off season to get setup for next year.
Too bad you won't be at the Hershey event...Good luck out in Arkansas. Not that you need it tho. Funny, I don't even have the car yet and am planning mods...it's a sickness.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phoenix335
Thanks for the info. This is good to hear...i didn't buy them for my 335 b/c you had to remove the rears to make the adjustment.

I'll be sure to give you a call over the off season to get setup for next year.
Too bad you won't be at the Hershey event...Good luck out in Arkansas. Not that you need it tho. Funny, I don't even have the car yet and am planning mods...it's a sickness.
I ran the yellow koni's in my 3 series as well and you're right, you do have to disconnect the rears which takes 15-20 minutes *if* you're quick at doing it. I don't see any way around this on our Mustangs either? (I don't see any way to adjust shocks from the trunk end of my car?)

How would that happen without disconnecting/removing the rears? The fronts are easy to dial in from the top of the front struts, true enough.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:53 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UberDuper
As someone with the FRPP kit and has never been in a car with the Eibach kit, I'd go with the Eibach.

People seem to love the Eibach around here and it's pretty much the standard. The 1.5" drop looks better then the 1" drop imo. I've only put about 300 miles on the FRPP kit but it's more bouncy then I would have expected from a kit like this.

The FRPP kit gave me a -1.3 camber and I can't tell visually if it needs an adjustable panhard or not. Also no need to replace the strut mounts on a '13. I don't know if the Eibach needs them or not.
It would seem Eibach kits were finally fitted for the 10+ cars sometime in '11 (At least via AM distribution), as I found out myself with my Eibach kit purchase (I got the gt500 strut mounts thinking I would need them as well due to everyone's insistence on strut tower fitting with Eibach, because all the suspension pieces at the time were still fitted for the 05-09 - and did not fit the strut towers with the older Eibach kits). Needless to say I did not need the strut mounts either.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
I don't see any way around this on our Mustangs either? (I don't see any way to adjust shocks from the trunk end of my car?)
Like this (driver side shown)

Norm
Old 10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I ran the yellow koni's in my 3 series as well and you're right, you do have to disconnect the rears which takes 15-20 minutes *if* you're quick at doing it. I don't see any way around this on our Mustangs either? (I don't see any way to adjust shocks from the trunk end of my car?)

How would that happen without disconnecting/removing the rears? The fronts are easy to dial in from the top of the front struts, true enough.
You are absolutely incorrect, and assuming things. Assumptions are not good. The rears are adjustable right on the car. Just because you have some carpet over the adjuster does not mean it's not accessible.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

It would seem Eibach kits were finally fitted for the 10+ cars sometime in '11 (At least via AM distribution), as I found out myself with my Eibach kit purchase (I got the gt500 strut mounts thinking I would need them as well due to everyone's insistence on strut tower fitting with Eibach, because all the suspension pieces at the time were still fitted for the 05-09 - and did not fit the strut towers with the older Eibach kits). Needless to say I did not need the strut mounts either.
Being blunt, this is the difference between my shop (me) and most other vendors. I know all this stuff, and I work really hard to make sure you don't end up with incompatible parts. In short, call Strano Performance Parts, and this won't be an issue.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 AM
Langor

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I can do you much better. FWIW, I sell Eibach too, so it's not a matter of my not having that to offer. But the simple fact it I'm not a fan of either the Eibach or Ford Racing dampers at all. I prefer Koni, but sell Bilstein and Tokico too... Anyway, the FRPP and Eibach dampers have no lifetime warranty, Koni's do, and Koni's have MUCH better compression damping characteristics vs. the FRPP which are a lot more jarring, and better rebound control that the Eibach's IMHO. The Eibach springs are ok, but honestly the Steeda Sports and Ultralites ride better and are very well balanced. And as for bars, as Norm said I have my own which are *both* hollow, and *both* adjustable... Not to mention I developed them myself, and I'm happy to answer any questions on those.
I am interested in one of your kits. I have fund readily available. I was about to buy the EIBACH spring kit and was looking for reviews and I just ran across this posting.

My goals: Daily driver, planning on supercharging in the near future. My roads are not very well paved but I have became attuned to dodging pot holes (another reason why I need suspension so my car doesnt get all squirly) but I do want my car to have a flat stance. I am looking to get rid of the huge wheel gap but do not want my car sitting on the fendors. I do not autocross but sometimes I do go out with friends and play around a parking lot (current suspension is almost uncontrollable at any speeds over 30mph). I also have a 1/4 mile strip (PIR) I go to in the summer time so launching is important to me. As I am in the military and about to return from deployment (under a month) I will not have time to do the install so I will need a complete kit to take to a shop. The price range I am interested in is 500-1500 but do not want anything I dont actually need. What do you have that will fit my needs?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Langor
I am interested in one of your kits. I have fund readily available. I was about to buy the EIBACH spring kit and was looking for reviews and I just ran across this posting.

My goals: Daily driver, planning on supercharging in the near future. My roads are not very well paved but I have became attuned to dodging pot holes (another reason why I need suspension so my car doesnt get all squirly) but I do want my car to have a flat stance. I am looking to get rid of the huge wheel gap but do not want my car sitting on the fendors. I do not autocross but sometimes I do go out with friends and play around a parking lot (current suspension is almost uncontrollable at any speeds over 30mph). I also have a 1/4 mile strip (PIR) I go to in the summer time so launching is important to me. As I am in the military and about to return from deployment (under a month) I will not have time to do the install so I will need a complete kit to take to a shop. The price range I am interested in is 500-1500 but do not want anything I dont actually need. What do you have that will fit my needs?
We can put together something that works for you. $500 isn't going to do it as that will barely buy any decent shocks, let alone springs or sway bars, but we can do wonders for a bit more. And I am not a guy who slaps random stuff on a car. I'm all about what works over what doesn't, or is less critical.

A set of Koni STR.T, Steeda springs and Strano Adjustable sway bars is $1037.94. If you add Steeda HD mounts or MM Camber plates you are in the low to mid $1300's. An adjustable PHB is around $130.... so you can add that too and be under $1500 shipped to your door.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 PM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

bookmarking...

I know it's an old thread, but it's full of good information, especially on eibach pro kits.

Quick Reply: Ford Racing package vs Eibach package