Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

coilovers! H&R or Eibach??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 PM
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Begging him to call me? Well, I think it'd be wise to use the resources available to help, but I've got plenty to do if he doesn't want to do that. I just want to talk to him about the best options for what he wants. I think that's only smart.
I also need camber plates right? and they take the place of the strut mounts? will the maximum motorsport caster/camber plate work with the KWs or do I need a different one? does kw make one?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DTMR
Im hooked on the KWs now, but I just need an extra couple of weeks to save the extra money up so I can get my variant 3s. I still get the full lifetime warranty if I order through you right
Yes, you get the full warranty.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

What is the warranty on them?
FWIW I also sell these. They are Tokico D-specs which link compression and rebound damping together, like Eibach R1's which I don't love. Remember the conversation we had about how that works. But if you want to go that way, I am a Steeda distributor too.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I also need camber plates right? and they take the place of the strut mounts? will the maximum motorsport caster/camber plate work with the KWs or do I need a different one? does kw make one?
Camber plates take the place of OEM mounts, yes. You do not NEED them, the OEM's will work. They offer some easier adjustment (there is some on the KW strut itself already). The aftermarket stuff is tougher and easier to change. But this is one those things that gets made out to be a MUST HAVE, when it's really not... more a "recommended" part.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I am probably not going to drop my car more than 1.5 inches actually haha (I have long tubes) and if i wasnt looking for coilovers id probably get that blistein suspension setup. But thanks for the info, maybe there is hope for me afterall haha
Yeah, I'm sure you'll be happy with either set up these guys are recommending. If you stay reasonable with the spring rates, these S197s can still hook well in a straight line when they're lowered.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:40 PM
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Camber plates take the place of OEM mounts, yes. You do not NEED them, the OEM's will work. They offer some easier adjustment (there is some on the KW strut itself already). The aftermarket stuff is tougher and easier to change. But this is one those things that gets made out to be a MUST HAVE, when it's really not... more a "recommended" part.
Nah im hooked on kws haha i was just curious. The kws offer some camber adjustment? Or caster? Would they work with aftermarket plates?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

What is the warranty on them?
They have a limited lifetime warranty.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

I say go with the H&R's.They are amazing for how much they do for your car: stance wise and body roll
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

Im hooked on the KWs now, but I just need an extra couple of weeks to save the extra money up so I can get my variant 3s. I still get the full lifetime warranty if I order through you right
I got v3's from Sam about two months ago now. I couldn't be happier. They are everything I wanted and more. Really glad I spent the time to talk with him and figure out what I really wanted. You won't be disappointed. Money well spent