Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Got screwed by a shop - need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Cryptkeeper54

We'll this is going to get ugly. I haven't had a chance to inspect my car yet but here is the scenerio:

Owner calls me around 2pm to say my car is ready for pick up. I say, fine, I'll be there around 5. Owner says okay. He closes his shop at 5pm on the dot (shop hours) and leaves my keys and car unattended. We never agreed he could do that and does not give me a courtesy call to say he was. Didn't discuss with me the car and what was corected, etc. And does not deliver an alignment as he said he would.

Now I'm furious. The last thing I wanted to do was flame anyone, but here we go.

If you live on Oahu, Hawaii,

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE: http://autorepairshophawaii.com/about/

Performance Auto Care Center, inc owned by John C. Pinero.

There, I said it! My mustang deserves justice and every other mustang guy needs to know.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Cryptkeeper54

Am I over reacting? I thought this was totally classless. Your thoughts please...

Name:  2013-04-05171618_zpse3abdacc.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  2013-04-05171627_zps6f611c63.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  142.8 KB

On a happy note: I'm learning so much about my cars suspension. World of difference in driving a stang with good suspension parts. I also have an excuse to buy new tools and work on my car without the wife complaining.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Cryptkeeper54

Am I going crazy? Did this shop not reinstall my spring seats again? I emailed him pics, instructions and spoke to him in person (he was actually arguing about what it was called and said the seat is what the bottom of the strut is called, referring to the spring rubber sleeve).

Will this cause any permanent damage to my mounts? Will I get any justice? I'm at my wits end.

Name:  2013-04-06154855_zpsc45e3c7c.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  76.3 KB

And is this a normal position for my dust boot?

Name:  2013-04-06154520_zps132f6d64.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  101.1 KB
Old 04-06-2013, 11:46 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Verify AGAIN that it was done wrong. Have another shop do it right & then sue the incompetent shop.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:50 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

He's a Camaro guy. NEVER take yer stang to a CAMARO guy. He screwed you just because you drive a stang. I learned the hard way also. Fortunatly the local Carmaro's reputation ran his *** off to
Florida.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Cryptkeeper54

I sent him emails again with a review of all the mishaps. He hasn't responded yet but I'm also looking at getting legal representation. From what I've read online, it might be just one big headache to pursue but I'll see how it goes.

He actually got into a verbal arguement with me about what was a spring seat. He completely ignored my emails with the steeda instructions regarding re-installation of the spring seats.

Lesson learned, going to get my car checked out this week by a bonified ford mechanic.

And on a side note, if your reading this thread, do yourself a favor and get your suspension upgraded. Worth its weight in gold and makes mustangs that much more fun to drive. Koni yellows rock!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:12 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cryptkeeper54
I sent him emails again with a review of all the mishaps. He hasn't responded yet but I'm also looking at getting legal representation. From what I've read online, it might be just one big headache to pursue but I'll see how it goes.

He actually got into a verbal arguement with me about what was a spring seat. He completely ignored my emails with the steeda instructions regarding re-installation of the spring seats.

Lesson learned, going to get my car checked out this week by a bonified ford mechanic.

And on a side note, if your reading this thread, do yourself a favor and get your suspension upgraded. Worth its weight in gold and makes mustangs that much more fun to drive. Koni yellows rock!
what an *******. i wouldve flipped if they left my god damn keys outside next to my car. sue him and post on any local car forums you know to keep people from going there
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Unreal thread, This is "the bad of the bad", our s197 ponies are new but What the Heck?
I installed rear springs myself, what a clown posse shop! Give em Hell!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

From bad to worse. Am not surprised to see your in Hawaii. Hopefully your ford buddy can finally make things right.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Redfire6er
1st Gear Member

Finding someone you trust and like to work on your car is very hard. I've been sooooo lucky that my wife works for a ford dealership and all of my work is done by one guy that has a mustang also. If I had a lift, I would do all of my own work. But being an apartment renter, I'm limited to what I can do in a parking lot. So he handles all of the stuff I can't on the side. I always ask him what he wants for the job, and he treats me very fair. Anywho, good luck getting everything straightened out.

Quick Reply: Got screwed by a shop - need help!