Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: '11 Mustang GT Brembo
Question Best swaybars for neutral handling?

Hi Guys,
Which are the best swaybars for neutral handling in a '10-'14 Mustang GT (no understeer or body roll)?.
Please specify if you are squared or staggered)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
jayman33
Banned

Vehicle: 2013 Boss

Are you tracking your car? If not the best way to improve handling in these cars is better shocks and struts. The sways on these cars aren't all that bad.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010, Ford, Mustang

Sway bars really can't or shouldn't be considered alone. They work side by side with spring rates and tires. Handling is the sum of all parts. You can consider upgrading in steps according to your feel for what you want but that may or may not be the "best" or even an improvement.

I am sensitive to feel in the steering wheel the soft rubber used in the front control arm bushings lacked feel for me. I also changed to wider and shorter side wall tires. Stiffer springs solved the sway issue and much better shocks solved the damping issues. A slight increase in rear sway bar size decreased under steer so that now I am happy.
908ssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: '11 Mustang GT Brembo

Right now I have KONI STRT + STEEDA Sport Springs, wider rear Michelin Super Sport tires 275/40 R19 mounted on 19X9, front ones are the stock 255/40R19 pirellis. Yes I'm planing to track the car, but looking for improvements like sways and watts link
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

These work well, and the front bar is adjustable so you can dial in the handling balance you want.

http://www.uprproducts.com/eibach-mu...ar-kit-11.html
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement