Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Looking to finish off my suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Default Looking to finish off my suspension

Here is the list of suspension upgrades i am looking at doing. What do you guys think? I am I missing anything or is something not needed. I am not exactly up to date on whats really needed whats not. This will be going on a 2013 GT Premium.

I do already have the Eibach Pro Springs.
  • Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts
  • Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit
  • Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
  • Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar
  • Steeda Adjustable Street Rear Upper Control Arm
  • Eibach Pro-Alignment Rear Lower Control Arm

Last edited by DocSnickers; 05-13-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:59 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

lower control arm relocation brackets.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Near as I can recall, the GT500 strut mounts and the MM Caster/Camber plates are essentially the same part (unless there's something different about the 2013s), so getting them both would be a big waste as you could only use one...get the camber plates instead of the strut mounts. The difference is the plates offer adjustability whereas the strut mounts do not.

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
I am not exactly up to date on whats really needed whats not.
No offense, then why are you buying parts? If you don't know if you need it or not and why, don't buy it.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Well that's why I am checking with the forums so I only get what I need without wasting money on something I do not. I have not bought anything yet. Just learning all this suspension stuff as I go, so your going to get some dumb questions sorry for that.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

It's all good, you sounded pretty set on buying stuff. My suggestion for you is to save that mod list somewhere and then forget about it while you figure out what everything does. Once you have an idea of how it all works, figure out what bugs you about how your car handles, then figure out if there are parts that will fix it or if it just takes more seat time.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I am taking this little list by a local Mustang shop here this Friday to figure out what it really needs then add onto it later if I don't like how its handing. Been talking with jayman33 on different parts and setups so I think I have an idea of what I really need to do.

Looking more at Whiteline for swaybars and Panhard and control arms and moving away from cambers and going with just the gt500 strut mounts. Then going with Eibach struts and shocks. Did some looking at Koni but the cars not going to be on the track all that much so I don't think I would get the full benefit of from the Koni's.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I'm running Koni Yellows on my daily driver and they are excellent. I'd definitely recommend them.

I'm also running UPR control arms & PHB, and they made a dramatic improvement.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Well, if you must buy any of these items, I'd actually recommend the camber plates, not the GT500 strut mounts. If your car is lowered you're going to want them.

For shocks/struts that won't be tracked, there's also the non-adjustable Koni Str.ts. I can't speak about them, I just know they're out there and since Koni has a good reputation, probably worth a look.

Like Moose said, LCA relo brackets as well, especially if your car is lowered.

The reason I ask if you even need the list you posted is because you're uncertain what the parts will do. I had a big list too, but after getting some feedback, I came to the conclusion that I needed to do each part individually to gauge what's necessary. I ended up buying a lot less. I didn't buy sway bars or an UCA because frankly, I don't know what effect they would have on my car (at least, I don't think I'm a good enough driver to feel the difference on the track). It could be that your new shocks and struts will reduce your body roll to a level you think is acceptable and you no longer need the sway bars (for now anyways). Just some food for thought. You may have all this figured out by now.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:29 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Yes the car is lowered with Eibach Pro Springs currently. I am thinking the Panhard bar would be needed to flatten the back tires back out some though yes?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "flatten the tires out." It'll center the rear axle under the car after you lower it and it pushes the whole axle to one side. I would count that as a necessary mod.

Quick Reply: Looking to finish off my suspension