Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Americanmuscle please explain this about your "gt500 strut mounts"

Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Default Americanmuscle please explain this about your "gt500 strut mounts"

Been gone a while but decided I should bring this up. I own a 2010 base model gt. I had popping issues with the stock strut mounts so I go to AM to upgrade to better strut mounts and I find there gt500 strut mounts upgrades for the 05-10 gt's. I order them and receive them with no issues like always. Problem is that these supposed gt500 strut mounts come stock on my car. I called customer service and they tried to say my car must have been bought used then. I'm the original owner of my car. It has 15 miles on it when I got it. The part number, look, build and everything about these mounts are identical. The new mounts did solve the popping issue but why should I believe these are an upgrade from stock?

Last edited by johngt10; 07-25-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

The mount at the bottom is my original mount. The one above it is the new one.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Interesting. I can't wait to hear the experts chime in.

They did however fix the problem that you were looking to fix though, so it seems that they have that going for them.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
Interesting. I can't wait to hear the experts chime in.

They did however fix the problem that you were looking to fix though, so it seems that they have that going for them.
Yeah and I'm please with that. I'm just a little upset that they advertise them as an upgrade. I could have got stock mounts much cheaper at a local dealer through a friend.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Why are you calling them out in a thread versus contacting them via PM or on their site?

If you did and they ignored you or they tried to skirt the answer then I can see this being a viable means...

And it's not just AM, if you look for the part number M-18183-C, ALL sites including fordracingparts . c o m lists these as upgrades for the 2005+ model years. My guess is it's either a misbox or Ford changed something and didnt' bother telling anyone in the aftermarket performance industry (doubtful).

I'm sure AM will resolve it. In the meantime, if anyone has a pair of these they have recently changed if they can post up the Part number of their OLD strut mounts as well as what they received when they ordered the upgrade it will help. Have a pair of these FRPP ones at home but I'm waiting to put them in until I can get the upgraded FRPP control arms too.

Last edited by Derf00; 07-25-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Why are you calling them out in a thread versus contacting them via PM or on their site?

If you did and they ignored you or they tried to skirt the answer then I can see this being a viable means...

And it's not just AM, if you look for the part number M-18183-C, ALL sites including fordracingparts . c o m lists these as upgrades for the 2005+ model years. My guess is it's either a misbox or Ford changed something and didnt' bother telling anyone in the aftermarket performance industry (doubtful).

I'm sure AM will resolve it. In the meantime, if anyone has a pair of these they have recently changed if they can post up the Part number of their OLD strut mounts as well as what they received when they ordered the upgrade it will help. Have a pair of these FRPP ones at home but I'm waiting to put them in until I can get the upgraded FRPP control arms too.
I spoke to there customer service rep on the phone and they could only explain it by that my car was used. Said that in the original post. Also I'm not interested in what other sites sell since I only go through am. Also I shouldn't have to go through more than one way of trying to get it resolved. Another way to look at it is other 2010 owners won't ever see the email or Im I send to them and since you say that other sites advertise it the same way then multiple owners will do the same as I did and buy stock mounts thinking they are upgrades and then be disappointed as I was when I compared the two. So it's not bashing, it's making others aware so if they are wanting to upgrade, possibly look at other choices.

Last edited by johngt10; 07-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:13 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

It is possible that someone installed them when they got the car.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
It is possible that someone installed them when they got the car.
So your saying that the dealer installed gt500 strut mounts on my base model gt that I bought new, not used?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Wow, we definitely need to look into this. I'm not exactly sure where the brake up in communication is, but I'm going to figure it out right away. We get these directly from Ford Racing!

I'm going to pull a couple of our 05+ project cars apart and see whats on there, along with contact Ford Racing directly. I'll get back to you shortly!

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. On the bright side, I'm glad to hear they fixed your issue!

-Dan
Old 07-25-2013, 03:43 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Wow, we definitely need to look into this. I'm not exactly sure where the brake up in communication is, but I'm going to figure it out right away. We get these directly from Ford Racing!

I'm going to pull a couple of our 05+ project cars apart and see whats on there, along with contact Ford Racing directly. I'll get back to you shortly!

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. On the bright side, I'm glad to hear they fixed your issue!

-Dan
Appreciate it. I honestly think it's a 2010 only part issue. The 2011+ have a different type as well as the 05 from what I've seen personally. Also for those that are skeptical I've done lowering springs on 2 other 2010 models, both were premium package, one was automatic and one a 5 speed. Both have the same mounts as mine.

Last edited by johngt10; 07-25-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Americanmuscle please explain this about your "gt500 strut mounts"