Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999Fordgt
Red face BMR vs Steeda Sport Springs w/ Koni Orange SRT?

Looks like I am going with Koni SRT shocks. My understanding that they ride better on Mustang 197s GTs than Bilsteins. What would be an overall better choice for the Koni shocks, BMR springs or Steeda Sport Springs, best combo of handling and ride confort? Sounds like the BMR have lower spring rates but drop lower than Steeda Sport Springs. Want setup for mostly street with light road racing / track days. Ger.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
mungodrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
AMShaneLesky
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT Premium
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Honestly, I've always been after the same goals with my street Mustangs. Between the two choices you listed, I can easily pick Steeda Sport springs as the better comfort choice. I used these springs on my own Mustangs and they're exactly what you're looking for. The springs retain a comfortable ride, while still drastically increasing the car's ability to handle sharp turns.

Just my .02 cents. Hope it helps!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

I like my steeda springs. Good company that backs their products and Im happy with the amount of drop, I wouldnt want any more or any less drop. Also wouldnt want them stiffer or softer.. they seem good. Ultralights are probably similar with a bit more of a drop.
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Sam Strano
Sponsor

For street cars I prefer and sell more Sports than anything. Ultralites are stiffer, despite what you might have read on the internet. There are some funky things with some springs in terms of rates. Some are lower, and not actually stiffer than stock springs (the Steeda's are not like this), which essentially makes the bumpstops the defacto springs, and that's not what you want.

I'd be happy to talk to you about spring options, we have a few. I do prefer the Steeda, but sell others as well.
7x SCCA Solo National Champion
Sam Strano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement