Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Which lowering springs to use?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 PM
2012StangMan
1st Gear Member

Default Which lowering springs to use?

Hey guys, haven't been on here in forever. But im contemplating on lowering my stang. I already know im getting a BMR panhard bar and caster-camber plates. Going to have to use stock struts and shocks for a while though. Just not sure which drop I want. It will be one of these 2 Eibach spring kits. The first one is a 1" front and 1.5"rear. The second one is about 1.5" front and 2" rear. This car is my daily driver right now and I don't have any big bumps to worry about. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...-2011gtv6.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...ings-2011.html

Here is the current factory stance.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:40 AM
hootie_john
2nd Gear Member

First - I like those wheels - what are they?

Second - I just put the SR springs on my '06 (stated to be a 1.5" drop all around). I didn't quite get that much out of them, more like an inch or just a tad over/under. Honestly, I'd like for it to have been a little bit more (closer to 1.5" would have been perfect). I'm hoping they settle in a bit more in the next couple hundred miles, I only have a couple hundred on them at present. The SR would correspond to the Pro-Kit I believe, with the Sportlines being a more aggressive drop. Since you're keeping stock struts/shocks, I'd go with the Pro Kit.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:40 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Sportlines will be more of an aggressive drop, that's for sure. If you want to go as low as possible, that's your best option.

Since we're a DIRECT distributor with Eibach, we can offer the best prices on the market. Feel free to check out our site and if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs Mustang V6/GT/Boss

Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs Mustang V6/GT

If it was my car and I had to pick between the two, I would go with Sportlines. Seems like more guys go with Sportlines anyway. It'll maintain a good level of comfort for daily driving, and it will give you a better stance overall. A great option for a great price.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 PM
2012StangMan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hootie_john
First - I like those wheels - what are they?

Second - I just put the SR springs on my '06 (stated to be a 1.5" drop all around). I didn't quite get that much out of them, more like an inch or just a tad over/under. Honestly, I'd like for it to have been a little bit more (closer to 1.5" would have been perfect). I'm hoping they settle in a bit more in the next couple hundred miles, I only have a couple hundred on them at present. The SR would correspond to the Pro-Kit I believe, with the Sportlines being a more aggressive drop. Since you're keeping stock struts/shocks, I'd go with the Pro Kit.
Im getting new shocks and struts as well. And the wheels are Vossen CV3s
Old 09-26-2013, 08:07 PM
2012StangMan
1st Gear Member

There shouldn't be any rubbing or clearance issues right? The rims are 20s with 285 tires in the rear.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 PM
2012StangMan
1st Gear Member

Alright guys ive decided to go with the Pro-Kit. I just want less fender gap. I really don't like the tucked look. Going to get the kit that AM sells with the springs, swaybars, bushings, and pro damper shocks and struts. Also going to add a panhard bar and caster-camber plates. Does this setup sound good? Thanks for the input guys.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:48 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2012StangMan
Alright guys ive decided to go with the Pro-Kit. I just want less fender gap. I really don't like the tucked look. Going to get the kit that AM sells with the springs, swaybars, bushings, and pro damper shocks and struts. Also going to add a panhard bar and caster-camber plates. Does this setup sound good? Thanks for the input guys.
It sounds like you've already made your decision! I think your Mustang is going to look sick with the Pro-kit, that will compliment the Vossen's really well. I have 19's and run the Sport lines, so the 20's and a Pro-kit will have a very similar Stance when it comes to wheel gap!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance from me!

-Dan
Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 AM
hootie_john
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a good setup to me! Enjoy!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2012StangMan
There shouldn't be any rubbing or clearance issues right? The rims are 20s with 285 tires in the rear.
What are the sizes and offsets on the wheels?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 PM
2012StangMan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ModBargains
What are the sizes and offsets on the wheels?
I don't know off the top of my head. Won't be home for 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: Which lowering springs to use?