Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Looking for springs to go with Koni yellows

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 04:53 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Default Looking for springs to go with Koni yellows

Hi forum,

I am getting some new suspension that I have to order today, including Koni Yellows. I was planning on getting steeda sport springs to go with them but I figured I should ask you guys for opinions on springs before I buy them. I am going to be mostly on the street but I drive very aggressively and don't really care too much about ride comfort (it's a factor but low on the list). I'm also not looking for a drop of over 1.5" and I'm only looking to spend at most 300 dollars. Any suggestions? Should I stick with the steedas?

Also I am looking at buying ford racing front LCAs and Eibach pro alignment rear LCAs. Anyone know if these are quality parts?

Thanks for any advice you can offer
Old 10-30-2013, 05:20 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I was lookin at the Scott drake products. Anyone have any opinions on Scott drake parts? Specifically the end links and 'race' lower control arms?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Honestly with all the extensive reading I've done over time, it always circles back to Steeda sports. Go for it with them.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

I run EIbach Pro Springs on mine they work great. Steeda would be a solid choice though too, I have a Steeda CAI and its great.

But with any springs run the car for about a month to let them settle, then have the camber and all that jazz checked. Cause you might need to put on some camber bolts to fix that. Or get some CC plates they are more expensive cause you can adjust them a lot easier.

May also have to get a new panhard bar if the rear ends not centered properly also

Or an entire suspension overhaul that never hurt anyone just your bank.....
Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Hi forum,

I am getting some new suspension that I have to order today, including Koni Yellows. I was planning on getting steeda sport springs to go with them but I figured I should ask you guys for opinions on springs before I buy them. I am going to be mostly on the street but I drive very aggressively and don't really care too much about ride comfort (it's a factor but low on the list). I'm also not looking for a drop of over 1.5" and I'm only looking to spend at most 300 dollars. Any suggestions? Should I stick with the steedas?

Also I am looking at buying ford racing front LCAs and Eibach pro alignment rear LCAs. Anyone know if these are quality parts?

Thanks for any advice you can offer
I had Koni Yellows on my '06 with these springs:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-05.html

and these control arms:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

The handling was great, and still had a decent ride quality. I liked it so much, I switched my 2011 to the same setup!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:01 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
I was lookin at the Scott drake products. Anyone have any opinions on Scott drake parts? Specifically the end links and 'race' lower control arms?
The Drake end links look identical to the ShelbyAmerican ones that are on sale for $42...also SA has a beautiful looking pair of HD race end-links for about $17 more. http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/5s3z-5a486-s.htm http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Sw...3z-5a486-r.htm

I like the Steeda Sports with Koni STR.T combo. I've only had them on my car a few weeks but I'm really happy with the appearance and ride.

Are you adding camber bolts or CC plates to correct negative camber for decent tire wear?

I see you have the Strano bars...how do you have them set?

Last edited by STANGmole; 10-31-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added another URL
Old 10-31-2013, 08:35 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Steeda Sport Springs are a great choice with Koni Yellows. But don't just take our word for it, If you search I'm sure you will find customer using this combination with great results.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think I an going to stay with the steedas after the positive reviews.

Originally Posted by STANGmole
The Drake end links look identical to the ShelbyAmerican ones that are on sale for $42...also SA has a beautiful looking pair of HD race end-links for about $17 more. http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/5s3z-5a486-s.htm http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Sw...3z-5a486-r.htm

I like the Steeda Sports with Koni STR.T combo. I've only had them on my car a few weeks but I'm really happy with the appearance and ride.

Are you adding camber bolts or CC plates to correct negative camber for decent tire wear?

I see you have the Strano bars...how do you have them set?
I am getting camber bolts from Strano, I hope they correct the camber enough. I have the Strano bars set at the most aggressive setting in the rear and the middle setting in the front. I plan on shortening the end links to make it a little more aggressive.

Does anyone know what some of the adjustments I can make are?? Like what will changing the length of the LCAs do? Also does anyone have suggestions on specs for the alignment?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:45 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

The cambers not going to be that far off after lowering 1.5. Mine was only slightly out of spec it would of been fine driving on it. But the bolts were like 40 bucks so I just did it anyhow and it brought them right back into spec no issues since.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:51 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

You can't go wrong with Steeda Sport springs, if it hasn't been said enough already. They're one of the best, plus give you the exact ride height you're looking for (less than 1.5").

The adjustable LCA's will help you center the rear axle into the wheel well and provide the correct pinion angle. When you take the car to an alignment shop, make sure they check your pinion angle to meet factory specs. They should be able to take it from there!

Shane

Quick Reply: Looking for springs to go with Koni yellows