Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Anybody track their Automatic 05-09 Mustang GT, Just curious?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:43 PM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Red face Anybody track their Automatic 05-09 Mustang GT, Just curious?

Hi have a friend who wants to open track an automatic 05-09 Mustang GT, have soime handling mods done to it, probably steeda. He has some issues with his right shoulder arm, etc. Injury from a car accident. He and I are very curious. Ger.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:48 PM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Cool Is the Maximum Motorsports Road & Track box too harsh, stiff? Please help.

I posted this question before but did not get too many responses. Car is 70% street and 30% track, 07 Mustang Gt. Would I be better off with Steeda suspension. The MM kit sounds cool but afraid spring rates might be too extreme for street, daily driving, trips, etc. Thanks, Gerald.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

One time only because you keep asking this . . . any opinion anybody else can give you with respect to liveability with spring rates a lot higher than OE is going to be strongly influenced by their own individual tolerance for a firm to very firm ride.

Individual tolerance, meaning that there is zero guarantee that spring rates that I might be able to live with would translate to anything you could. While it's not quite as bad as endlessly asking if you could stand to live with Brand X Model Y mufflers, it's the same sort of question.

Sam's guidance is about as good as you're going to get, short of finding somebody who has a car so equipped and letting you ride in it over various surfaces. Repeatedly asking in different threads about something as subjective as this isn't any more likely to drag a yes/no, pass/fail answer out of the woodwork than adding NEW information to whichever of these topics was your original one and hoping for the best.

Norm