Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Ford Racing lowering Springs question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 PM
bmkj02

This is the way I want to go. Much cheaper than buy caster camber plates
Old 04-29-2014, 12:32 AM
ezpotato
1st Gear Member

just in case you still need info, i did the K springs (1.5" drop) with eibach shocks/dampers. the ride quality is damn near stock, and it wasnt that badly priced. I also did panhard bar, but nothing else. Car runs just fine, eveyrthing is lined up, no issues whatsoever. I did get an alignment after all the install, no caster cambper places or strut mounts needed on mine.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM
bmkj02

Glad to hear. I install mine a couple of weeks ago. Didnt change the struts or the mounts. Drives nice. It's not bouncy like some people say. No popping sound either. Haven't installed the rears as I don't have the panhard bar. Doesn't look bad either since the back is higher than the front. Haven't taken it yet for an alignment. Need tires so when I get those ill have that checked out. Thanks for the feed back
Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 AM
ezpotato
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bmkj02
Glad to hear. I install mine a couple of weeks ago. Didnt change the struts or the mounts. Drives nice. It's not bouncy like some people say. No popping sound either. Haven't installed the rears as I don't have the panhard bar. Doesn't look bad either since the back is higher than the front. Haven't taken it yet for an alignment. Need tires so when I get those ill have that checked out. Thanks for the feed back
Taking shortcuts to save a few bucks will bite you in the ***... I've learned that over the years...
Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 AM
joe95 gt
2nd Gear Member

Bought my car at beginning of April. The previous owner put the P-springs on it with nothing else. Since I have put a BMR adj. bar on the back to get it centered up and got an alignment to get the front as close to 0 degrees camber as possible. I do hear a popping noise in the front and yes I am using the stock GT mounts. I don't understand why ford puts our cars out with all the negative camber in them. Only 7600 miles on mine and I had noticeable tire wear.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:36 PM
bmkj02

Originally Posted by ezpotato
Taking shortcuts to save a few bucks will bite you in the ***... I've learned that over the years...
I agree with you 100% but it doesn't fit in this case. Don't understand why Ford recommend all these other things while other brands don't. I really think its a marketing thing. I never had any problems with my other car but they were different years. When I ordered the springs AM said just install them and then go from there. Sometimes you might not need anything else if your lucky.
After I installed them I noticed my passenger side popping. I was like ah crap, I'm a victim. But I went and tighten the center mount bolt tighter and popping noise went away. That bolt is a pain to tighten since the center spins on you. Try tighten the bolt and that popping sound may go away. Let me know how it goes.

But yeah as above stated. Taken short cuts and cost you a lot more at the end. I may have just gotten lucky.