Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
ponychase

Vehicle: 2013, ford,mustang
Default which coilover is the best for mustang drifting?

I hava a 2013 v6 mustang, I intend to having fun by drifting just at weekend, anyone knows which is the best choice for my mustang drifting balanced with daily driving? I found lots of brand like: SR EIBACH HR BC RACING KONI FORD RACING. But not sure which one to choose..
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
ponychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Anything with adjustable rebound/stiffness....
Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
ModBargains
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang 5.0
https://www.facebook.com/modbargains.jurrian

If you want something inexpensive to start with, something that had lots of adjustment in ride height, rebound adjustment, compression adjustment, and if you want, custom spring rates as well, I'd go with BC Racing, they've got great coilovers and we sell them for dirt cheap!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
BC Racing BR Series Coilovers for Ford Mustang

I hope that helps out! PM me if you have any questions

We Specialize In: Mustang Wheels | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Exhaust | Mustang Performance | Mustang Brakes |
Modification Expert - Jurrian Terpstra | Jurrian@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8002
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
AMShaneLesky
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT Premium
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponychase View Post
I hava a 2013 v6 mustang, I intend to having fun by drifting just at weekend, anyone knows which is the best choice for my mustang drifting balanced with daily driving? I found lots of brand like: SR EIBACH HR BC RACING KONI FORD RACING. But not sure which one to choose..
I agree anything that's adjustable will work perfectly for drifting. I'm not sure what your budget is, but you honestly don't even need coilovers to drift a Mustang. You can stick with simple lowering springs and adjustable struts/shocks. They'll easily suit your needs and save your wallet.

That being said, just about any coilover kit is going to give you want you need. We have everything from Eibach Pro-Street to the super high-end KW Suspension coilovers!

Hit me up if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
ponychase

My budget is between 1000 to 2500. I want to start with a higher level not a beginner so that I can get more traction which is really helps drifting a lot. The coilover must be strong enough and has more space for me to adjust caz I won't change them for years in the future. How do you guys think of KW or have any better choices?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
ponychase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
I agree anything that's adjustable will work perfectly for drifting. I'm not sure what your budget is, but you honestly don't even need coilovers to drift a Mustang. You can stick with simple lowering springs and adjustable struts/shocks. They'll easily suit your needs and save your wallet.

That being said, just about any coilover kit is going to give you want you need. We have everything from Eibach Pro-Street to the super high-end KW Suspension coilovers!

Hit me up if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Shane
My budget is between 1000 to 2500. I want to start with a higher level not a beginner so that I can get more traction which is really helps drifting a lot. The coilover must be strong enough and has more space for me to adjust caz I won't change them for years in the future. How do you guys think of KW or have any better choices?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
ponychase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains View Post
If you want something inexpensive to start with, something that had lots of adjustment in ride height, rebound adjustment, compression adjustment, and if you want, custom spring rates as well, I'd go with BC Racing, they've got great coilovers and we sell them for dirt cheap!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
BC Racing BR Series Coilovers for Ford Mustang

I hope that helps out! PM me if you have any questions
I'm not sure if BC Racing RAM Type runs better than BR Series? Is it do help to drifting?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
ModBargains
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang 5.0
https://www.facebook.com/modbargains.jurrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponychase View Post
I'm not sure if BC Racing RAM Type runs better than BR Series? Is it do help to drifting?
The RAM series is for sure way more intense than the BR series that's for sure. The RAM series coilovers are inverted coilovers which would be better for the track, but would be less comfortable for the streets. If you're willing to compromise daily driving comfort, it would be an upgrade from the BR series.

We Specialize In: Mustang Wheels | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Exhaust | Mustang Performance | Mustang Brakes |
Modification Expert - Jurrian Terpstra | Jurrian@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8002
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement