Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Instructions on Installing suspension!

Old 05-05-2014, 01:09 PM
GCCBrian
1st Gear Member

Default Instructions on Installing suspension!

Hello folks,

I just purchased 2014 OEM Shelby GT500 Strut Mounts, Koni Str. Shocks & Struts, and I also bought some Eibach Sportline Springs for my 2006 Mustang GT.

Would anyone happen to have an installation guide for the shocks/springs in the rear, and the front strut assembled in the front? I plan on taking the springs, strut mount, and strut to my friend to assemble for me, but i plan on installing at home.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:28 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...u-install.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...9-install.html

Either or, they aren't specific for what you bought, but they work just as well. I bought all Steeda and used the same guide. There's a guide for the GT500 mounts as well, or within those links just follow the rules for replaceing the factory one, and use the gt500 strut mount instead.

Some school of though includes reversing the gt500 mount, I didn't do it, but someone else might chime in on that
Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GCCBrian
Hello folks,

I just purchased 2014 OEM Shelby GT500 Strut Mounts, Koni Str. Shocks & Struts, and I also bought some Eibach Sportline Springs for my 2006 Mustang GT.

Would anyone happen to have an installation guide for the shocks/springs in the rear, and the front strut assembled in the front? I plan on taking the springs, strut mount, and strut to my friend to assemble for me, but i plan on installing at home.

Thanks guys!
I just dropped my '09 yesterday and it's super simple if you pre-assemble your fronts struts/coils as a unit prior to installation IMO.
To get around having to remove the lower spring sleeves and the strut shaft boot/bump stop from your old strut assembly, I sourced these parts to help with the front units assembly.
Coil sleeve(goes on bottom of spring where it meets strut perch)
Ford part # 6R3Z-5L302-A(costs about $7-8 each at dealer)
Strut boot/bump stop(goes over strut shaft) Auto Zone Duralast part #143059($14.99 ea)
Doing this eliminates buying or renting a spring compressor(if you don't already have one)
and makes the job much safer overall as coil bind is a dangerous thing to deal with when you're working in a garage on jack stands.
I also suggest purchasing an adjustable rear panhard rod(cost is anywhere from $95 to $170, depending on maker), because the rear end will shift to driver's side after lowering.
Best of luck!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Why would want to buy anything when renting is free?