Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
05xrunner
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Premium
Location: PA
Posts: 1,267
Default Any TSB on 2012 GT front suspension

So my 2012 GT has 10k on the ticker and when i go slow over speed bumps or small bumps the front suspension sounds like a creaky old bed frame. The car is well taken care of and all. I thought I saw stuff before about 2011 had issues like this but wasnt sure if 12 had it to
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________

GT500 spoiler:J&M Lower control arms:Roush side splitters:Roush axle backs:Custom oil separator:20% tint:Energy Suspension shifter bushing:Whiteline trans bushing
05xrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
BrazenStang
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Location: DE
Posts: 459
Default

Yes, the '12's have the front control arm bushing problem as well. I had mine replaced at about 32K miles. Same exact symptoms that you described.
__________________
2012 5.0... Born on April 2011
12.70 @ 114 mph

BrazenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: Mustangs
Location: MI
Posts: 788
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
So my 2012 GT has 10k on the ticker and when i go slow over speed bumps or small bumps the front suspension sounds like a creaky old bed frame. The car is well taken care of and all. I thought I saw stuff before about 2011 had issues like this but wasnt sure if 12 had it to
Hi 05xrunner,

You should bring it in to your dealer and speak with the service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #4
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member
 
chrisdbassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location:
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi 05xrunner,

You should bring it in to your dealer and speak with the service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
My 2014 with only 2k miles on it is doing the same thing, did it today on the way home I wonder if it is a heat related thing? Its 100 degrees here it popping and clunking like something is broken in the front end. does the TSB cover 2014 as well? Got this from another forum site:
its a TSB:
TSB 13-09-03 - Effective Sep 4 2013 2011-2014 Mustang
- Grunt/Creak/Chirp/Squeak Noise From The Front Lower Control Arm Over Bumps, but I cant find anywhere online that can verify this.
I actually cant believe all the issues I have with a car that cost this much.
__________________
My 2014 GT/CS 5.0 Coyote


Last edited by chrisdbassplayer; 08-23-2014 at 09:01 PM.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: Mustangs
Location: MI
Posts: 788
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
My 2014 with only 2k miles on it is doing the same thing, did it today on the way home I wonder if it is a heat related thing? Its 100 degrees here it popping and clunking like something is broken in the front end. does the TSB cover 2014 as well? Got this from another forum site:
its a TSB:
TSB 13-09-03 - Effective Sep 4 2013 2011-2014 Mustang
- Grunt/Creak/Chirp/Squeak Noise From The Front Lower Control Arm Over Bumps, but I cant find anywhere online that can verify this.
I actually cant believe all the issues I have with a car that cost this much.
Hi chrisdbassplayer,

Please make an appointment with your dealer for all and any concerns you’re experiencing with your vehicle. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member
 
chrisdbassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location:
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi chrisdbassplayer,

Please make an appointment with your dealer for all and any concerns you’re experiencing with your vehicle. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Deysha, thank you I will soon as I can. The strange thing is I really believe this is some type of heat related thing. My wife and me took a drive saturday about 3 hours it was about 96 degrees and by the afternoon it was clicking and popping so bad I thought the front end was going to fall apart. But the very next day only a 10 minute drive and absolutely no noise at all, I really am concerned that I will show up at the dealership and they will find no noise and they wont correct the problem. While on vacation in Florida it started clicking and popping. So I called the closest dealership my wife and I wasted part of a day of my vacation due to this problem already and they said they couldn't find any problems or noise so sent us on our way. I watched them they put it on the rack for all of 30 seconds looked at it with a flashlight and took it down. It took longer for them to put it on the rack and take it off than the time they looked at it. The rest of our vacation the noise was nonexistent, 12 hour drive home with no problem. Anyway I say all this I don't want to waste my time sitting in a dealership for several hours only for them to tell me there isn't a problem. By you escalating it will they be more likely to fix it even if they don't hear the noise?
__________________
My 2014 GT/CS 5.0 Coyote

chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #7
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: Mustangs
Location: MI
Posts: 788
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
Deysha, thank you I will soon as I can. The strange thing is I really believe this is some type of heat related thing. My wife and me took a drive saturday about 3 hours it was about 96 degrees and by the afternoon it was clicking and popping so bad I thought the front end was going to fall apart. But the very next day only a 10 minute drive and absolutely no noise at all, I really am concerned that I will show up at the dealership and they will find no noise and they wont correct the problem. While on vacation in Florida it started clicking and popping. So I called the closest dealership my wife and I wasted part of a day of my vacation due to this problem already and they said they couldn't find any problems or noise so sent us on our way. I watched them they put it on the rack for all of 30 seconds looked at it with a flashlight and took it down. It took longer for them to put it on the rack and take it off than the time they looked at it. The rest of our vacation the noise was nonexistent, 12 hour drive home with no problem. Anyway I say all this I don't want to waste my time sitting in a dealership for several hours only for them to tell me there isn't a problem. By you escalating it will they be more likely to fix it even if they don't hear the noise?
No, chrisdbassplayer. Your vehicle must be fully diagnosed and the concern duplicated in order for your Ford Dealership to attempt any repairs on it. However, it helps with the whole process. Try to pinpoint when it happens where you can recreate it, then make your appointment, and then PM me with your info. Keep me posted.

Deysha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #8
hrlingat
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Vehicle: 2013, Mustang, V6
Location: WA
Posts: 1
Default

does anybody have an actual copy of the TSB 13-09-03, my 2013 is back in the dealership for this issue for the 4th time (with the lower control arms being replaced each time).

I'm getting about 150 miles before the the first symptoms of the problem with the lower control arm, starting again.
hrlingat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #9
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: Mustangs
Location: MI
Posts: 788
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrlingat View Post
does anybody have an actual copy of the TSB 13-09-03, my 2013 is back in the dealership for this issue for the 4th time (with the lower control arms being replaced each time).

I'm getting about 150 miles before the the first symptoms of the problem with the lower control arm, starting again.
Hello hrlingat,

Welcome to the forum! my name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:55 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup