MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   S197 Handling Section (http://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section-121/)
-   -   Considering going lower... (http://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section/713390-considering-going-lower.html)

Keep it real 09-04-2014 07:25 PM

Considering going lower...
 
So I've had the SR springs on for about 4 months and I'm satisfied however I'd like to go a little lower to eliminate wheel gap. After some looking around I wound up looking at the Sportline kit. Installing isn't a problem since I've done it once before I'm just wondering if it's worth dumping these and going with eibach kit. I am also on stock shocks/struts, don't know if that would be a factor or not. And I'm sure that they'll be less gap since I've upgraded to the 20x10 AMR's. Opinions, pros/cons, whatever let me know your opinions!

MustangGTMark 09-08-2014 11:39 AM

Hows the current config working for you? looking to so something similar!

Andy13186 09-08-2014 12:49 PM

Another option is going with larger diameter tires whenever you get new tires to fill in the gap

Scott2 09-09-2014 05:51 AM

Consider going with an Air Lift Performance suspension and eliminate the gap once and for all!

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps4c3daef0.jpg

darksky1984 09-09-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy13186 (Post 8425654)
Another option is going with larger diameter tires whenever you get new tires to fill in the gap

This is probably your best option. These cars have huge wheel wells and even lowered with the stock 19inch wheels it still leaves a nice gap from the fender to the wheel. Lowering your car more might help some but you will be grinding your undercarriage on every speed bump, curb, or driveway you go on. So lowering your car might help improve the gap but your drive-ability will be miserable around town. They didn't make these cars like BMW's which have barely any gap between the wheel and fender. Good luck.

Genxer 09-09-2014 12:52 PM

There's always adjustable coilovers. Then you can fine tune the ride height to your liking.

I wouldn't buy bigger diameter tires.

JayBeStangs94 09-09-2014 01:16 PM

If youre not looking to spend much I'd go with the H&R super sport springs. They're awesome. My buddy is running them on his stang, check it out

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...76029878_n.jpg

Keep it real 09-09-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangGTMark (Post 8425632)
Hows the current config working for you? looking to so something similar!

I like the current setup but I want it to go just a little lower. Might would sell you the springs I have now if I go this path and if you'd want them... A pic from before http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/...psdef5953d.jpg and after to give a comparison http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/...psa30e4128.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy13186 (Post 8425654)
Another option is going with larger diameter tires whenever you get new tires to fill in the gap

Haven't considered that but I haven't had these tires for but 3 months and they will only be summer tires and wheels
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott2 (Post 8425844)
Consider going with an Air Lift Performance suspension and eliminate the gap once and for all!

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps4c3daef0.jpg

Unless you can hook a brother up for free to $300 I'm good. Would I take bags? In a heartbeat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genxer (Post 8425948)
There's always adjustable coilovers. Then you can fine tune the ride height to your liking.

I wouldn't buy bigger diameter tires.

^^^ again much more money than what I'm wanting to spend for the time being. And agreed on the tires. I'm more for the square setup and don't think I can get taller tires up front, not much more anyway.
Quote:

Originally Posted by darksky1984 (Post 8425880)
This is probably your best option. These cars have huge wheel wells and even lowered with the stock 19inch wheels it still leaves a nice gap from the fender to the wheel. Lowering your car more might help some but you will be grinding your undercarriage on every speed bump, curb, or driveway you go on. So lowering your car might help improve the gap but your drive-ability will be miserable around town. They didn't make these cars like BMW's which have barely any gap between the wheel and fender. Good luck.

There are not hardly any places around here where I foresee a problem, however I could be wrong. And I'm not having any issues now with this setup.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94 (Post 8425958)
If youre not looking to spend much I'd go with the H&R super sport springs. They're awesome. My buddy is running them on his stang, check it out

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...76029878_n.jpg

:icon_teeth: I'll take fer springs pls! I'm about 99.9999999% sure that just sold me. Thank you!

Andy13186 09-10-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94 (Post 8425958)
If youre not looking to spend much I'd go with the H&R super sport springs. They're awesome. My buddy is running them on his stang, check it out

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...76029878_n.jpg

it looks like that car would be nearly totaled from a speedbump or a gutter/driveway. back tire rub issues at all? what size?

OP what size tires do you have?

Keep it real 09-10-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy13186 (Post 8426301)
it looks like that car would be nearly totaled from a speedbump or a gutter/driveway. back tire rub issues at all? what size?

OP what size tires do you have?

I'm running 275/35/20's all the way around. Might step up to 285's next time I have to get tires. The ones in that pic look like stock wheels but I'm not sure


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.