Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 V6 Premium
Default Considering going lower...

So I've had the SR springs on for about 4 months and I'm satisfied however I'd like to go a little lower to eliminate wheel gap. After some looking around I wound up looking at the Sportline kit. Installing isn't a problem since I've done it once before I'm just wondering if it's worth dumping these and going with eibach kit. I am also on stock shocks/struts, don't know if that would be a factor or not. And I'm sure that they'll be less gap since I've upgraded to the 20x10 AMR's. Opinions, pros/cons, whatever let me know your opinions!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Keep it real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
MustangGTMark
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010, Ford, Mustang GT
markvt10

Hows the current config working for you? looking to so something similar!
Old 09-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Another option is going with larger diameter tires whenever you get new tires to fill in the gap
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS

Consider going with an Air Lift Performance suspension and eliminate the gap once and for all!

GT/CS Auto – Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, AM, American Racing Headers, Anzo, ATI, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR, Canton, Cervini's, CPC, Circle D Specialties, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, JLT Perf, Fore, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, M&H, Meziere, Moroso, MT, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Royal Purple, Russell, SCT, SHR, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, TSS, UPR, & Vortech.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy13186 View Post
Another option is going with larger diameter tires whenever you get new tires to fill in the gap
This is probably your best option. These cars have huge wheel wells and even lowered with the stock 19inch wheels it still leaves a nice gap from the fender to the wheel. Lowering your car more might help some but you will be grinding your undercarriage on every speed bump, curb, or driveway you go on. So lowering your car might help improve the gap but your drive-ability will be miserable around town. They didn't make these cars like BMW's which have barely any gap between the wheel and fender. Good luck.

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hayes Racing
darksky1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: Honda

There's always adjustable coilovers. Then you can fine tune the ride height to your liking.

I wouldn't buy bigger diameter tires.

Last edited by Genxer; 09-09-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 v6 Performance Package
Skatched

If youre not looking to spend much I'd go with the H&R super sport springs. They're awesome. My buddy is running them on his stang, check it out

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...76029878_n.jpg

2013 v6 Performance Package
Airraid CAI 91 Tune
BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers
Roush Axlebacks
ST Coilovers
Exterior Mods
JayBeStangs94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGTMark View Post
Hows the current config working for you? looking to so something similar!
I like the current setup but I want it to go just a little lower. Might would sell you the springs I have now if I go this path and if you'd want them... A pic from before and after to give a comparison
Quote:
Haven't considered that but I haven't had these tires for but 3 months and they will only be summer tires and wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Consider going with an Air Lift Performance suspension and eliminate the gap once and for all!

Unless you can hook a brother up for free to $300 I'm good. Would I take bags? In a heartbeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genxer View Post
There's always adjustable coilovers. Then you can fine tune the ride height to your liking.

I wouldn't buy bigger diameter tires.
^^^ again much more money than what I'm wanting to spend for the time being. And agreed on the tires. I'm more for the square setup and don't think I can get taller tires up front, not much more anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksky1984 View Post
This is probably your best option. These cars have huge wheel wells and even lowered with the stock 19inch wheels it still leaves a nice gap from the fender to the wheel. Lowering your car more might help some but you will be grinding your undercarriage on every speed bump, curb, or driveway you go on. So lowering your car might help improve the gap but your drive-ability will be miserable around town. They didn't make these cars like BMW's which have barely any gap between the wheel and fender. Good luck.
There are not hardly any places around here where I foresee a problem, however I could be wrong. And I'm not having any issues now with this setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94 View Post
If youre not looking to spend much I'd go with the H&R super sport springs. They're awesome. My buddy is running them on his stang, check it out

I'll take fer springs pls! I'm about 99.9999999% sure that just sold me. Thank you!

Last edited by Keep it real; 09-09-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94 View Post

it looks like that car would be nearly totaled from a speedbump or a gutter/driveway. back tire rub issues at all? what size?

OP what size tires do you have?
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #10
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
it looks like that car would be nearly totaled from a speedbump or a gutter/driveway. back tire rub issues at all? what size?

OP what size tires do you have?
I'm running 275/35/20's all the way around. Might step up to 285's next time I have to get tires. The ones in that pic look like stock wheels but I'm not sure
Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement