Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Wheel and Brake Gurus Get in Here Please.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Default Wheel and Brake Gurus Get in Here Please.

Ok...so as per my other thread...
http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=41112

I picked up SN95 style offset Bullitt Replicas.

Front 18x9, 24mm offset
Rear 18x10, 22mm offset

I would like to pick these up:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6...-kit-0514.html

I just want to see if they will fit. I have heard that the Shelby Razors fit them because they have a 24mm offset... So I was wondering if it would be the same for me.

When I asked American Muscle they responded that they wouldn't fit, however I remember reading about a lot of users that had different rims that supposedly wouldn't fit but ended up fitting because of the offset.

If anyone can provide feedback for me that would be awesome. Thank you:superkewl:

EDIT: is there a formula or something that I can do to see if they will indeed fit or not?

Also, is there another full kit that someone would recommend for me? Preferably in the same price range...or cheaper... Even a take off from a gt500 or something (I want to say I have seen a post of a guy selling his take offs for 700 or so)

Would using a spacer in the front, combined with the 24mm offset, allow me to run them?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:00 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I highly doubt the 18 will fit as the 15 in rotors and brembo caliper require a 19 wheel. The offset may be fine from a caliper hitting the wheel spokes but the diameter of the wheel is too small. Almost every other site selling that brake kit states u need a 19 wheel to clear the calipers. Now the GT500 14" BBK will fit fine with those wheels.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brandonscarinfo
Ok...so as per my other thread...
http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=41112

I picked up SN95 style offset Bullitt Replicas.

Front 18x9, 24mm offset
Rear 18x10, 22mm offset

I would like to pick these up:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6...-kit-0514.html

EDIT: is there a formula or something that I can do to see if they will indeed fit or not?
I ran the wheel sizes through a little Excel comparison sheet that I have, and based on comparisons to my own car and its wheels/tires, the outer faces of the rear wheels will sit about 1/2" out past the sheetmetal. Whether this is an interference will at least depend on whether or not you're lowered. Up front, the wheel will probably still be inside the fender, but the sidewall of a 275/40 won't be. The outsides of your tires will end up close to where my setup is ↓↓↓ . . . probably worse if you're running stock cambers for alignment instead of a bunch more negative like mine are.

Would using a spacer in the front, combined with the 24mm offset, allow me to run them?
Adding a spacer will only push the front tire sidewalls even further out and your clearance problem is on the outside rather than on the strut side, so no, spacers (of any thickness) would not be a solution.

Norm
Old 09-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Brandonscarinfo

I will have to update this thread later with pics. There is literally maybe 1mm clearance between the rear brakes and the spokes.

The fronts have a fair bit of clearance though.. maybe like 3" to 4".

The front tires actually line up pretty well . The rears do stick out, but it gives it a really aggressive look, especially from behind... nothing but compliments from my friends driving behind me. The axle is off center so I need to find a place to take it to so they can adjust my fays2 watts link and center my axle. Currently the left tire is stick farther out than the right.