Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Installed Steeda Sport Springs & HD Strut Mounts

Old 03-20-2015, 08:40 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by heslekrants
I got a 1.25" drop in the rear on install. I measured today (10 days later) its at 1.5". It took me less than 10 minutes to swap out the rear springs.
Wow. Takes me 20 to get it on jack and wheels off. On a lift?
Old 03-21-2015, 01:09 AM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Used a jack on the center of the rear end then added jack stands. I left the tires on. Only 4 bolts to remove & springs swap with easy. I actually timed myself and it was only 10 mins. The front did take me almost 2 hrs to replace the springs.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:25 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Used a jack on the center of the rear end then added jack stands. I left the tires on. Only 4 bolts to remove & springs swap with easy. I actually timed myself and it was only 10 mins. The front did take me almost 2 hrs to replace the springs.
Fronts were easy, just a bit more work than I anticipate the rears to be. I did struts as well, but that doesn't add to the complexity. Lanyard bar as well for the rear, but that should not complicate it too much.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:13 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bstang14

Fronts were easy, just a bit more work than I anticipate the rears to be. I did struts as well, but that doesn't add to the complexity. Lanyard bar as well for the rear, but that should not complicate it too much.
Update. The rears are a LOT more work. Removing the convertible bracing for one thing. Removing the subwoofer to get at rear passenger shock. Got shocks and struts done. Going to do panhard bar next. Then put all the bracing back. Arrrgghhhh. Nice day for it anyway. 40 degrees and sunshine lighting up garage.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:50 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Update. The rears are a LOT more work. Removing the convertible bracing for one thing. Removing the subwoofer to get at rear passenger shock. Got shocks and struts done. Going to do panhard bar next. Then put all the bracing back. Arrrgghhhh. Nice day for it anyway. 40 degrees and sunshine lighting up garage.
It will be well worth the work. What Struts/shocks did you go with? I'm still riding on the factory struts/shock & I'm very happy with the ride but may upgrade down the road but I don't want the ride any firm than what it is now.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:07 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

It will be well worth the work. What Struts/shocks did you go with? I'm still riding on the factory struts/shock & I'm very happy with the ride but may upgrade down the road but I don't want the ride any firm than what it is now.
I went with koni sport (yellow) all corners. I have used them before on other vehicles with good success.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:24 AM
cleangraystang
1st Gear Member

I have the STEEDA Sport package on my 09 GT and I love it I have the front and rear sway bars also I have a 2" drop and it rides handles great.. STEEDA truly has it right....
Old 03-22-2015, 11:09 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cleangraystang
I have the STEEDA Sport package on my 09 GT and I love it I have the front and rear sway bars also I have a 2" drop and it rides handles great.. STEEDA truly has it right....
I agree. Steeda is very competitive price wize and offers quality (Steeda brand products). They also offer competitive pricing on non-brand parts. They usually will be a couple of bucks cheaper than A.R. or A.M.

Now if they could get their web chat working faster. A bit clunky but it I find chat to be a useful tool.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:06 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Bad garage pic but definitely lower. I would expect a bit more when it settles out.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:30 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Bad garage pic but definitely lower. I would expect a bit more when it settles out.
Did you measure before/after spring swap? My rear fender well to ground was 30" before, 28.75" after & 28.5" 10 days after.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Steeda Sport Springs & HD Strut Mounts