Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Installed Steeda Sport Springs & HD Strut Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 05:22 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by heslekrants
Did you measure before/after spring swap? My rear fender well to ground was 30" before, 28.75" after & 28.5" 10 days after.
Nah. Was going to but forgot. Noticeable though.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:15 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

I have the Steeda springs, shocks, struts, and HD mounts and they are great quality pieces. It was a night and day difference on my car. I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Steeda even helped me out with alignment settings to ask for when taking it in for the alignment afterwards; and they were great suggestions. The car handles like it's on rails.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:27 PM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default 2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

Suspension upgrades are really taking off this time of year with the Koni spring sale. I got J&M cc plates, Koni sports, for springs I have Stack Racing front springs and BMR sp067 rears. Install next month. It's track time.
Attached Thumbnails Installed Steeda Sport Springs & HD Strut Mounts-tn_repeats-114.jpg  
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I loved my Steeda Sports when I had them. They don't drop the car very much, but they sure make a big transformation in the handling department over stock, and don't ruin the ride quality.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Just took a short ride with new Steeda and Koni upgrades. Wow! No more rear dive/front rise on hard acceleration. Car feels planted firm. A bit more stiffness to suspension but not harsh. I have the koni's one full ccw turn from minimum. Figured that's a good place to start. Still pretty cold out (40) and I know the koni's will loosen up a bit when the oil warms. Very happy with Steeda products and service. Good start to the riding season here in N.E.

Just need to get camber set and I'm done.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:45 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bstang14
When I took mine in for alignment post upgrade my camber was dead on but the toe was out a bit which was corrected without any issues.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:47 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

This it how it sits now.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:05 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Just took a short ride with new Steeda and Koni upgrades. Wow! No more rear dive/front rise on hard acceleration. Car feels planted firm. A bit more stiffness to suspension but not harsh. I have the koni's one full ccw turn from minimum. Figured that's a good place to start. Still pretty cold out (40) and I know the koni's will loosen up a bit when the oil warms. Very happy with Steeda products and service. Good start to the riding season here in N.E.

Glad we could do it!!!

Very nice ... the top will be down soon enough!

If you ever need anything ... don't hesitate to email me at tim@steeda.com

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda

Glad we could do it!!!

Very nice ... the top will be down soon enough!

If you ever need anything ... don't hesitate to email me at tim@steeda.com

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks Tim. Your team has been great. If you could post me some recommendations for camber settings, that would be good. Street driven but pretty aggressively.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bstang14
. . . post me some recommendations for camber settings, that would be good. Street driven but pretty aggressively.
"Driving aggressively" can be applied to widely differing types of driving. Looking at other topics that you've participated in, it sounds like you're more into straight line driving than hard cornering, in which case I'll suggest something like -1°.

If you're at least a little into hard cornering, maybe -1.25°. For "never met a corner I didn't accept the challenge from", maybe -1.5°. I am guessing that this convertible isn't going to be autocrossed or used on the rad courses (Lime Rock, Thompson, or Palmer up in MA), so there's no reason for you to even consider anything beyond -1.5°.

Norm

Quick Reply: Installed Steeda Sport Springs & HD Strut Mounts