Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Shelby CS6

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Default Shelby CS6

Has anyone seen a Shelby CS6, I read somewhere they were supposed to come out in early '06, but all I can find are kits. From what I read they put out 350hp from a v6, and they look pretty sweet too.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/cs6.asp

here is a pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/37871/6305BD2E3AE842A88A6CE7297183D1CA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby CS6

yeah man, wondering same thing......
and if anyone knows where to get the parts? ie front fascia......
Old 07-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Here is a link to all the parts to make your own CS6, can get pretty expensive if you want the whole package, but man that would be one bad V6.
http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/i...acturers_id=20
Old 07-15-2006, 09:04 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

I was talking to a guy who just toured the Shelby plant in Vegas, and word is the Mr. Shelby got sideways with Ford. He won't be allowed to make them without violating his licensing agreement to use the Shelby name on the new Fords. He will only be able to sell V6 CS6 kits to install yourself. Don't know if this is true, but the guy just got back last week.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

I was talking to a guy who just toured the Shelby plant in Vegas, and word is the Mr. Shelby got sideways with Ford. He won't be allowed to make them without violating his licensing agreement to use the Shelby name on the new Fords. He will only be able to sell V6 CS6 kits to install yourself. Don't know if this is true, but the guy just got back last week.
That sucks, can't even use his own name anymore!! $15,000 for a complete kit, then you have to install it$$$. Might as well just buy the GT500 for $40,000 and be done with it. I really like the looks of the CS6 kit though.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:15 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

wow they did a good job screwing themselves there. you cant just buy one part, you gotta buy like three just to get the fascia.....
Old 07-15-2006, 09:30 PM
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

This was posted by Jason @ Hillbank Motorsports:

June 30, 2006
"As far as the non-listed items ie: interior stuff, there is alot more coming. We are working directly with Shelby to develop more exciting parts to complete the car, but at this time they are top secret. The official stripe logo will be the Carroll Shelby "CS" at the top of the strip and "SHELBY" along the bottom. Realisticly we are looking at mid August for delivery of 90% of the parts if not all. Full swing production is already commenced. From what we have found out there is no changes in the 07 Mustang other than the GT500 being released!!! As far as tires go, I dont know. I will ask. The Hurst shifter on our site is a typo at $0. It is in fact $200. Yes, a tuner comes with the Shelby/Paxton supercharger. It is a Diablo Sport Prediator."

July 13, 2006
"Parts are now becoming available! Everything minus the front fascia is ready! The front fascia is going to be a few weeks behind (approx 2-3 weeks). There will also be certified badging with the COMPLETE kit purchase as originally stated along with a certificate from Shelby Performance Inc. Orders are well under way and waits are to be expected. If your a serious candidate, order now! Oh, btw Goodyear COMP T/A are the original tires on the CS6 and we will be offering them shortly."

July 14, 2006 (Yesterday)
"Product is arriving today direct from Shelby in Las Vegas!!! I will be working shortly tomorrow to place and ship orders!

UPDATE!!!!!!

Guys and Gals I have went to bat for the True Enthusiast! We will have a certification plaque for the dash [serialized and signed?] from SHELBY!!! as well as a Registry head up by me! What an exciting time it is to be apart of something sooo big! I can tell you this, the top secret things that were being developed for the Mustang were approved by Shelby and are in process of being made so stay tuned for updates!

Jason Cenora
Hillbank Motorsports
www.hillbankmotorsports.com"

That's straight from Hillbank but with all the starts and stops ..... who knows what to believe? All I know is that I'm looking forward to my order going in soon!

Old 07-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Yea its kinda pricey: Front fascia and lower grille $499, Upper grille $160, and the lights $175, that is $834+shipping+paint, you even have to buy the hood and hood grille seperate.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:47 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

well my question is can the 4.0 handle all that?? Would the fuel pump have to be upgraded?? enything else??? and is it really worth it just 50 more horse power than the V8 where with some simple and much less expensive mods the V8 can achieve that, the CS6 looks cool but I'm not yet convinced....
Old 07-15-2006, 09:49 PM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

im sure u dont HAVE to get the grill and the lights....if its for the "V6" shouldnt you be able to use our stock grill?
ORIGINAL: Action_Jackson

Yea its kinda pricey: Front fascia and lower grille $499, Upper grille $160, and the lights $175, that is $834+shipping+paint, you even have to buy the hood and hood grille seperate.

Quick Reply: Shelby CS6