Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

GT 500 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT 500 Questions

WHAT the F**K ever,.......I hope you get the GT 500 of "your dreams", and... pay MSRP+++
I wish a GT 500 Forum is started,... JUST for you, that way, ....
none of us will have to put up with your PAIN-IN-THE-*** "rants".
C Ya , By now,.......... Have a nice life. ................. ASSWIPE

B 4, I go,..... WTF is "syphon" ????? (as in through the "bs")
Back here, indem thar hills, whars' I come from,....syphon means , SUCKING !!!
Is that what you do ?
NO WONDER, you ken aford a GeeeeeeeTeeeeeee 500 !!!![sm=exactly.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=hia.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif]
Old 06-20-2007, 03:03 AM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Good luck in your search for a GT500 at MSRP. I really enjoy seening them on the road. Most everybody on this forum are pretty great guys. But this is a MUSTANG FORUM and some of us have different views. As a GT500 owner andnot aleasee in SoCal. the Shelby by far gets more attension then any viper. JMO the prowler is a much better looking car then the viper.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Zan186
1st Gear Member

Just can't keep away? A bit envious it seems. Grow up child, just because you are always looking at the rear bumpers of nice cars doesn't mean you have to act like a jackass on the forum's.

If I didn't know any better I would say you are suffering from Viper Envy.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Yes their are always a few jack#$'s in every crowd. Doesn't really bother me, I read and type really fast and with everything you have to syphon through the bs to find the data your looking for.
OH OH I know its you!
WOW I just wasted about 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I can't believe that people actually bought into this troll. What a freak. If you like the Viper so much keep it. If you don't like the GT500 don't buy it. If you know so much why ask? I just don't understand some people.
How is it that anyone can write off a car that costs that much that has the GG tax applied to it?
I don't know where this ZAN is from but I don't see "lots of" GT500's sitting around and I live in the Mustangcapitol of the world....get a life dude!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Justin00Stang
2nd Gear Member

Get a GT500, you won't be dissapointed. The 6spd, interior, and power is much nicer than a Mustang GT. I payed $7k over for mine about 5 weeks ago.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Zan186
1st Gear Member

Are people on this forum that immature? Do you have such an inferiority complex that you have issue with people owning nice cars that you can't afford?

Ok for the young retarded juvenile's that lack an education, I will spell out the tax write off for you.
For Buisness owners that file a Schedule C.
Part II item 9 under Car and Truck Expenses:
Then you go to subsection Part IV
43 When did you place your vehicle in service for business purposes?
44 Of the total number of miles you drove your vehicle during 2006, enter the number of miles you used your vehicle for:
a) Business b) Commuting c) Other
45 Do you (or your spouse) have another vehicle available for Personal use?
46 Was your vehicle available for personal use duruing off duty hours?
47 a)Do you have evidence to support your deduction?
b) If Yes is the evidence writtn?

Now if you are too retarded to understand what I just wrote then don't even attempt to reply as your not worth explaining anything too.
The rules for using a vehicle for a tax deduction are fairly straight forward. As long as you keep a written log for the date you drove the vehicle between offices and the number of miles you can deduct the vehicle. You cannot deduct it if you are going from your home to a work place as that is considered a commute to work and is not eligible for a deduction. However if you work at two seperate locations and you are using the vehicle solely to commute between your buisnesses than that is deductible.

I do not know the upper limits of how much can be deducted, someone in this forum mentioned 45k as the ceiling. My plan is to spread the vehicle's cost out over 5 or 6 years.

Oh and how am I trolling a forum when I am asking for information? I explained my situation straightforward. It was a few idiots on this forum that divulged into the GT500 is better than a Viper concept, or that I should use the Viper as a daily driver.

Seriously if you can afford to get the better car Gt500 vs GT, and you can write off 90% of the cost, then wouldnt you consider purchasing it?

The IRS really has no idea what kind of vehicle you are driving only that it is being used as a buisness expense. So for 5 years or so I use it to get from one facility to the other. Having a bunch of other cars allows me the flexibility to control the milage on all cars. So if I take the GT 500 to a car show and put on 30 miles non work related I can take the Jeep up to my work to make up the milage. As I won't drive the Mustang in the winter I am going to have a surplus of miles to use for leisure.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zan186

Yes their are always a few jack#$'s in every crowd. Doesn't really bother me, I read and type really fast and with everything you have to syphon through the bs to find the data your looking for.

Some other questions I have about the GT 500:

Gas Mileage? They have it listed as like 15 to 20(highway), is this influenced by the boost settings or just by the lead in your foot?
Under 15 mpg highway would definately steer me away from the GT 500. I am expecting to average around 17 to 18 with 85% of my driving being highway type.

To elaborate what I am looking for/thinking of :
The Viper has me all wound up where I just enjoy driving it. I what it is but I just absolutely enjoy the car. But I am married with 3 kids and I can only take 1 with me. I hardly ever have my wife in my Work car as her car is the family car, so I need to only seat 4.
I enjoy not only driving the Viper but I actually kind of like the extra attention. Never thought I would but I have tons of people talking cars to me at the cruise nights and car shows.
So I am looking at the Mustangs as a compromise. I want the joy of driving my sporty car with the practicality to pick up the kids.

I have pretty much decided the mustang is the car I want for satiating my sports car desires. The Viper is a sunshine nice weather only car. Mustang will be a Spring/Summer/Fall car. I will store it when it snows, but rain I am not too worried about.

Deciding between the GT and the GT500 is what I have to ponder over the next 10 months.
Practicality the GT is far superior to the GT 500 in just about every way. It is less expensive, has better gas milage and has the option for an automatic.
The GT500 has a more unique agressive look to it, has the potential to be worth more in the future (I like the car shows ), and the vehicle is pretty much done from factory (don't have to modify it to make it go faster or sound meaner).

I am one of those people who doesn't like to buy an inferior model when their is one that is better. I would kind of kick myself if I bought the GT and the 500 became a classic. Not really interested in selling as I make enough money in my profession, but I do like possessing speacial items (cars). The Viper will always be my dream car, but it is like a 5 year old kid that I have to baby sit it where ever I go.
Even though the GT500 is a nice sports car, it isn't as eye catching and thus much less likely to get abused by jerks in a parking lot.

Other neg on the GT 500 is that it takes SuperUnleaded or Premium. If you turned the boost off or down (if that can be done) would the car run on 87 Octane without knocking? Also what about E85 capable?
Unfortunately, I don't think you could ever get a supercharged vehicle to run properly on 87 octane. Neither the GT or the GT-500 are E85 capable, either.

Have you considered insurance, too? I bet it wouldn't be too bad, as you sound older and have multiple cars.

I think you have your options nailed down pretty well. The GT is by far the most practical in all regards. The GT-500 is clearly the best performer.

If exclusivity or performance are your aims, then the GT-500 is the choice. If you like a more practical daily driver, then you'll want the GT.