Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Order a Shelby GT500?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:18 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default Order a Shelby GT500?

Is it possible to order a 2008 Shelby GT500 from Ford for the $45K (or so) price? My guess is that the answer is no but why is this? A co-worker asked me this today and i did not know the answer. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Order a Shelby GT500?

Wait until the new Camaro and Challenger come out, then you will be able to get one for A plan!!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 AM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Right now you can get the 2007 models from 5-10k over, they may come down because the 08 will be coming out in or about August. But I highly doudt it but good look. As far as waiting for the Camaros to come out the 2009 GT500s will be an optional year if they decide to build it on the new stang platform
Old 06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

But can you order one from Ford directly for MSRP? Or can you only get one from a dealer now? I think the answer is no (I couldn't afford one even at MSRP anyway) but someone asked my yesterday and I didn't know...
Old 06-29-2007, 11:38 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

No, you cannot buy a car from Ford to bypass dealers. If that were the case, dealers wouldnt exist as sales outlets anymore. That may or may not be a bad thing depending on personal experiences. It is possible (even if only a slim possibility) to order the car from a dealer and WATCH you car come down the assembly line. Due to union contracts with shipping and such, as well as contracts between Ford and dealers, you would still have to take delivery of the car at the dealer.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:46 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SCCAGT

No, you cannot buy a car from Ford to bypass dealers. If that were the case, dealers wouldnt exist as sales outlets anymore. That may or may not be a bad thing depending on personal experiences. It is possible (even if only a slim possibility) to order the car from a dealer and WATCH you car come down the assembly line. Due to union contracts with shipping and such, as well as contracts between Ford and dealers, you would still have to take delivery of the car at the dealer.

You know, that got me to thinking. In the beginning, Ford NEEDED the car dealers as a way of getting their product out there. But not now. Why don't they just set up a site, where you could push buttons, just like you were buying a pair of tennis shoes, tell what bells and whistles you want, and pay them. Cut out the thieving middleman. They would make more money, we'd save more money. They could have regional test drive centers where we could go try out a new model, then wait for delivery. Sounds good to me. The only thing that wouldn't work is for those people that want the car the same day.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Sorry if I didn't word the question correctly.

I know you can go to the dealer and order a car the way you want it if one is not on the lot or available locally.

My question is - Can you currently order a Shelby GT500 this way? Or do you HAVE to buy it from the dealer inventory? For example - could someone order a 2008 Shelby GT500 through a dealership when the 2008 Mustangs become available? Would they pay MSRP?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

you sure are a nice person to know, all this work just
because someone asked you a question at work....

.....i recommend calling ford directly,
if it's vital you get the straight scoop

ORIGINAL: rogan01

I know you can go to the dealer and order a car the way you want it if one is not on the lot or available locally.

My question is - Can you currently order a Shelby GT500 this way? Or do you HAVE to buy it from the dealer inventory? For example - could someone order a 2008 Shelby GT500 through a dealership when the 2008 Mustangs become available? Would they pay MSRP?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 05:11 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

They are pretty high up in the company so it can't hurt to help them out.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:22 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rogan01

Thanks
The dealer can place your order directly with Ford, you cannot. Even when you order a vehicle, you're still purchasing it through the dealer and you agree to pay whatever the negotiated price is.

So, the answer is, yes, you'll still pay the mark up, because you have to buy the car through the dealer. That is, if he lets you order it at all. Not all dealers will order a vehicle for you, there are many in my area that will only sell you what's on the lot.

It's sad that in 2007 we still buy and sell cars like it's 1907.

Quick Reply: Order a Shelby GT500?