Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

My job is great

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My job is great

Also, 07SCGT. In your case, you had every right to filp out. I am sure I would have done the same thing.
Thurman
Old 10-20-2007, 11:29 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

I wasnt even a 5 mile run, tested it out and parked it, i really didnt even beat it hard i didnt want to ruin a gt500 with 600 miles on it. Im not an 18 year old teen beating the **** out of peoples sh it
I showed the same respect i would show for my own car.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

07scgt what kind of tuner do you have? is the valet mode because of the s/c or the tuner? id love to know so i can do the same
Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Conditional License....sounds like someone got a DWI...or a boatload of tickets...Now that's someone I'd like to test drive my car.

I bet this thread didn't go the way you planned. Let me guess it was more like this in your head

Your post-hey guys I just beat the **** out of a GT500 at work

Replies- oh man your the coolest, I wish I had your job. What was it like. Wooowww.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:17 PM
kingdong6515
1st Gear Member

Sounds like an @$$hole to me...
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I can see both sides. I do work on some very nice modded cars and most of them I would rather not drive unless the customer is with me. Just to avoid these types of problems. Had a Ford GT that had a rattle noise and while driving with the customer was told that it mainly happens at 95mph. Now that gave me permission to go that fast but I chose not to. Just found another way to recreate the noise. Theres always those types of people too that want you to take them around the block in a nice car. Unless it's repair related I usually tell them to pound sand. My sister-in-laws Tiburon was brought in to the dealer for an airbag recall. Me and my brother grabbed some food and come back only to have her car go flying by us. So we followed them around the block. Got next to them only to have them start revving the carbouncint it off the rev limiter and making the supercharger whine. It was pretty funny when my brother asked them if they were having fun racing his car around. We got back to the dealer before them and my brother let the Service director have it. They come pulling in with the car hotter then hell and were stopped on the drive. The manager walked up and fired them on the spot. Then offered some free oil changes but my brother refused and said he will never bring his car back to that dealer.

Now for my GT500 story as requested in the original post.
I did some work on GT500OC car a while back. And although I didn't get on it when I took it on my road testI wanted to see how his bad *** suspension felt. That car feels better then on rails. I'm sure with as modded as his car is it pulls hard also but just the handling alone was amazing. And since there are people that will like to go joy riding, I left the car blocked in my stall with both keys locked in my box. We had 2 previous employees that wanted to take a brand new Mach 1 when they first came out for a spin. They lost control and slammed into a light pole. They both were fired and the guy was given a new car a liftime oil changes.

It all depends on the people that work on your car.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:21 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brendend

07scgt what kind of tuner do you have? is the valet mode because of the s/c or the tuner? id love to know so i can do the same
I have an xcal2 tuner, it was just something that I had the Dyno place install in my 3rd spot since I don't have 93 octane here in CA or AZ. I usually have my tuner under my drivers seat and pluging it in under my dash usually only takes 1 minutes to download the Valet mode tune. I usually have it installed in less time than it takes the service advisor to write down my info and a call back number. I can email it to you if you like or you can just ask your tuner to put the limits on it like I have. It's piece of mind believe me, I have too much invested in this car to see someone wrap her around a tree or something.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

hmmmmmm.....I can apprecate the need to "test" drive the car.... but I am skeptical that the owner "consented" to what you explain doing......

guess I'm glad I live on the south shore!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:02 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

When I bought my stang I bought it to be rode hard...So did this guy. How else do you check for wheel hop? Some of you guys are dumbasses
Old 10-21-2007, 11:22 AM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Not everyone slaps down $25k-$30k and in some cases $50k+ for the gt500's to ride their car hard, especially by someone who isn't the owner. If that was my car i would be furious that the tires were burned just to see if wheel hop was gone. But i would have made sure that after the install was done i was the only person to drive it. Then again i'm glad i do all my own work on my mustang so no one can abuse it like this.

Quick Reply: My job is great