Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

My job is great

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

Default My job is great

This past week we had an older man come in with a gt500 complaning about wheel hop, as we all no this is normal for are cars without upgrading rear suspension. So me and my service manager talked the guy into getting the BMR LCA's and UCA so he ordered them from brenspeed whom i recomended him to talk to Brent. I got to put the parts on yesterday at work, the best day i have ever had at work. Overall the gt500 hooks up so much better the tires jus poof up in smoke LOL. I finshed the install and grabbed another tech to come out with me (shaparone jus in case a got a lil to crazy) Got to rost the guys tires a handfull of times then let the other tech drive it.
[sm=gears.gif]Honstly between driving the gt500 compared to my gt my car takes of so much faster, throttle respone kills the gt500. The 500 relly insnt that impressive unless he gets some go fast parts.
In my eyes its a gt with a 5.4L supercharged wasnt that impressed. im trying to talk him into intake n tuner well see wut happens.
Just wanted to share my story, first timeI got to drive a gt500 off the lot.
Anyone have similar storys, Lets here wut you think GT500 or GT? Pros Cons

Old 10-20-2007, 10:32 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My job is great

Sorry... but I dont have a similiar story.... but where are you from?? Im in queens, NY.
Also, do you have clips of the Pypes mid muff system with the headers and the X?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:34 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

The GT500 is an insane car. 420 rwhp stock. The throttle response is the same as your car was before you had the tune.

Tell that guy to spend $800. Get a 10 lb pulley and a tune it will put down easy 475 rwhp.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:35 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

What happened to the stock GT500 LCAs?
Scrap bin, customers trunk or destined for
someones V6 or GT? Can A guy get his
hands on them very easy? Pay ya to dig for em.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

Sorry... but I dont have a similiar story.... but where are you from?? Im in queens, NY.
Also, do you have clips of the Pypes mid muff system with the headers and the X?
Long Island , I have sound clips of the pypes without headers, with headers, also with O/r X and with high flow cats in the X. Im at work right now ill post a forum when i get home with the sound clips.

157 the guy was real **** about getting the parts back tossed em in the trunk, There bassicly the same LCA's as the gt but painted gray and slightly lighter,he came back the next day and was so happy he said him and his buddy were out all night doin hole shots LOL

Im trying to talk him into the brenspeed package with the intake tuner and Pulley i think they say the package nets another 100hp Not positve one that thou. trying to get him into a short shifter to.

Dont get me wrong the car would be great with s few minor upgrades and would smoke my gt. But i like my whip!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:43 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

You work for a ford dealer??

Im definately interested in the pypes clip with the high flow catted x. I had an O/R H on mine for like 4 days and took it off bc it was really really loud for an every day driver. Its not loud enough now with the stock H [:@]
Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

I had slps and switched cause i really got bored of them, the pypes is great the mufflers are basicly resonaters i had my bassani o/r x for a week above 3000 grand it was jus to much so i just put the high flow cats in while i did the headers sounds awsome iv gottin so many compliments.
. My dealer is mod friendly but you cant go in demanding **** that dosnt work anywhere it dosnt hurt to pay 35 bucks for an oil change when comming in for warrenty work with modds.

marcuskeeler LOL i dont usually beat on people cars cause i wouldnt want that done to mine but this was diffrent, the owner bassicly gave the invite to burn em up, BTW he didnt tip the tip was beating on the car. He will be back, now I jus have to slip himj my # and cut the dealer out they charged him 4hrs 89.95 per hr
Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I got to put the parts on yesterday at work, the best day i have ever had at work. Overall the gt500 hooks up so much better the tires jus poof up in smoke LOL. I finshed the install and grabbed another tech to come out with me (shaparone jus in case a got a lil to crazy) Got to rost the guys tires a handfull of times then let the other tech drive it.
So, you and the other guy had a great day at work because basically you both got to rag onsomebody elses car, that;s a nice touch [:@] Where do you work, just so I know where to avoid
Old 10-20-2007, 10:51 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NyFordTech

This past week we had an older man come in with a gt500 complaning about wheel hop, as we all no this is normal for are cars without upgrading rear suspension. So me and my service manager talked the guy into getting the BMR LCA's and UCA so he ordered them from brenspeed whom i recomended him to talk to Brent. I got to put the parts on yesterday at work, the best day i have ever had at work. Overall the gt500 hooks up so much better the tires jus poof up in smoke LOL. I finshed the install and grabbed another tech to come out with me (shaparone jus in case a got a lil to crazy) Got to rost the guys tires a handfull of times then let the other tech drive it.

I'm sorry but that pisses the hell out of me when you tech's do that in cars you don't own. If you want to beat up on a car do it in your own ride. Just last week the dealer was replacing my blower in El Centro and he too piled in 2 other guys and went screaming out of the parking lot in my car and didn't come back for about 15 minutes[:@][:@]. Iwas f*cking raging on him when he returned, first thing I noticed was my intercooler temp was at 165[:@][:@], and I had 23 extra miles on the odometer[:@][:@]. I gave him a terrible review 3 days ago when the Ford quality assurance survey came in the mail.

Bottom line it's not your property to be roasting the tires, it's a different thing if the owner consented and or was in the ride with you at the time.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NyFordTech

I had slps and switched cause i really got bored of them, the pypes is great the mufflers are basicly resonaters i had my bassani o/r x for a week above 3000 grand it was jus to much so i just put the high flow cats in while i did the headers sounds awsome iv gottin so many compliments.
I work at syosset ford all mods where done myself at work. My dealer is mod friendly but you cant go in demanding **** that dosnt work anywhere it dosnt hurt to pay 35 bucks for an oil change when comming in for warrenty work with modds.
Me and you are kinda following the same path here... I had SLP's too and got bored, and wanted something with more growl. I love the pypes system... has more of that gurgley sound we all love. Im basically looking for a ford dealer who is mod friendly for basicbolt-ons( i think we all are). Not sure if you've heard of us before, but come check us out on the web, www.LIStangs.com join up, introduce yourself. Maybe I can hear the car at an upcoming meet. Have you been to OBI/Captree on Sunday mornings?

Quick Reply: My job is great