Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison

ORIGINAL: 83gtragtop

Just so you know my buddy just bought an '07 SGT on ebay last night for $29,999. Now thats a deal!
Brand new or USED?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:28 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

ORIGINAL: 83gtragtop

Just so you know my buddy just bought an '07 SGT on ebay last night for $29,999. Now thats a deal!
Brand new or USED?
New
Old 04-05-2008, 11:51 PM
BiteTheBullitt

hello all. this is my first post and i wanted to share that i bought green bullitt on april 1, 08 and received a 3k rebate from ford. i was out the door for just under 32k, and msrp was $32,720. this took place at alexander ford in franklin, tn. they were really great to deal with. they had a couple of gt500's, but the bullitt is the look i was after. not bad perfomance either.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:00 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BiteTheBullitt

hello all. this is my first post and i wanted to share that i bought green bullitt on april 1, 08 and received a 3k rebate from ford. i was out the door for just under 32k, and msrp was $32,720. this took place at alexander ford in franklin, tn. they were really great to deal with. they had a couple of gt500's, but the bullitt is the look i was after. not bad perfomance either.
CONGRATS!! You will love it, Pay no attention to the BULLITT haters on this forum and you will be fine!!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 AM
08 Bullitt 2310
2nd Gear Member

^^^^^^^^^What he said!Steve would say F$#K EM'!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:21 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BiteTheBullitt

Exactly!

Congrats on your new Bullitt and sorry but,

Your post is WORTHLESS without some pic's man!

What do you guy's think about the "Black" Bullitts?

I was at Stillin yesterday and there was one there. The black for me, took away the whole Bullit theme? But, thats just me.......
Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Looks like it's a good time to purchase a a Bullitt. Ford just put up to $2,500 in incentives on them for April.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/03/m...il-incentives/
Old 04-06-2008, 11:11 PM
bkuhl

I recently went to a dealershipto check out an 08GT/CS....inside, they had 2 - 08 Shelby GT's and 1- 08 Black Bullitt. Price on the Bullittaprox 33,000 and the 2 Shelby's 45,000. Talked with the manager and he is saying that he is willing to let either go for the sticker price which would be aprox 31,500 + T/Tfor the Bullitt and aprox 41,000 + T/T for the Shelby. From the small number of post I've seen, it appears that the Bullitt is the better performance bargain of the two but the Shelby is better looking and should hold value better in the time. To me, the Bullitt is just so plain looking...it's great that it performs well, but I also want something I an proud to look at as well. I had pretty much given up the idea of getting a Shelby due to rediculous dealer price increases on the GT500 and the SGT...but if they are willing to sell at sticker, might be worth it . Does anyone know if the 60 month @ 3.9% interest rate applies to the Bullitt and SGT? The manager said there were no incentives on either car. Any thoughts or ideasare appreciated.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

Exactly!

Congrats on your new Bullitt and sorry but,

Your post is WORTHLESS without some pic's man!

What do you guy's think about the "Black" Bullitts?

I was at Stillin yesterday and there was one there. The black for me, took away the whole Bullit theme? But, thats just me.......
I actually got to test drive a Bullitt today. Went with a black one, since I feel it will hold higher resale value, due to the popularity of black Mustangs. They had to search around for a shifter, because someone had stolen it out of the car!
I really liked the burst of power, which mostly comes from going to a manual tranny, and the sound is amazing!
I wish they'd let me test drive a Shelby GT to compare but those are still off limits.

With a trade-in I could get them down below MSRP, but most of those "great deals" you see here are fantasy (especially the ones on the Shelby GT), and I won't believe any more OTD claims until I see the actual Bill of Sale!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:29 AM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

This topic is like comparing apples to oranges. I paid rougly over 41 K out the doorcfor my shelby and im totally happy i did. The main purpose was to fill my long time dream of owning a real shelby GT mustang. If you are going to argue paying 10 K+ more for a shelby over a GT is lame it dont hold water. I will argue that if you compare the price of a 67 cobra and the price ofa 67 MUSTANG IN 67 the shelby COBRA blows away a mustang in over all value. Ive heard some 67 cobras have been getting over 1 million $$. Shelby in time has never lost value ever. ANd you can bet that the 07 shelby wil be worth much more then any GT and keep its value as time passes. I bought my 2007 about 1 year ago and i haveyet to see another shelby like mine onthe road. My car is allready rare ..ANd lastpoint a shelby is a different car then a Mustang GT. A shelby IS A Shelby a mustang is just that a mustang A DIME A DOZEN. You dont buy a shelby to get around everyday you buy it as a collection item totally different then a normal purchase of any average car.

Quick Reply: Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison